mtbr member
    Jan 2004

661 light race jacket or pressure suit, which is nicer for pedalling?

I'm wondering which type of upper body suit is best when you have to pedal quite a bit uphill.

There seems to be two distinct type of upper body protection. The "full upper body" type like Dainese Next jackets or 661 pressure suits and those which you need to wear seperate elbow guards like the 661 race jacket.

I would assume the "pressure suit" type probably offer better protection since all the protection parts are linked together by these "mesh" type fabric but when you need to pedal quite a bit, would the "torso" type protector be lighter and less warm?

Thanks.

pdh
    mtbr member

Smile

Pressure Suit. IMO it offers better shoulder and spine protection. they're both kinda hot, but for the bit of climbing i have to do I'd pick the P.S. Also it's cheaper then Dianese and 661 plastics feel stronger --my 2 sences.

Yo momma's pimp
    are you wearing the phucking thing on your legs? or do you pedal standing on your head with your arms?
    "So pass me the pipe, and sing me a song, and when the pipe's cashed out just load up the bong"

Jason Boland and the Stragglers

[size=6]I'm playin bocci ball, leave me alone[/size]