Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478

    5 to 6" travel frame with 1.5 HT?

    Hi all,

    I've been looking at getting a bottlerocket to replace my vagrant frame.

    Its proving difficult to get one in the UK (I dont want to use project leeds due to their bad reputation) so can anyone suggest any alternatives?

    Frame must have a 1.5 headtube, also dont want anything with more than 5 or 6" travel as i have my VP-Free for big the stuff.

    Looking to spend 1k max really

    Any help appreciated.

    Cheers

    Derek

  2. #2
    oh Jolina!!!
    Reputation: Xaero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    66
    Jamis Parker?


    Edit: I thot it had 1.5... sorry

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    90
    banhsee wildcard

  4. #4
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    Is that one of these ? :



    If so they look pretty sweet but are they available in the uk?

  5. #5
    ≈ > ♥
    Reputation: zahgurim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    918
    If you're set on a BR, why not by one from North America and have it shipped?
    There are a few used ones around for sale, and shipping won't add more than $150 or so to the price of a used one...

    Check classifieds and ebay?

  6. #6
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    Hi mate,

    Its not the shipping thats the problem its the import duty to the uk, i've been told it can be up to 35% of the value of the goods which is fkin mad!

    If someone can confirm otherwise i'd appreciate.

    I have emailed transition to see if they would ship a frame to me but i await a response.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: el_chupo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,218
    Transition has a UK distributor, any chance you can find a used one?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by derekr
    Is that one of these ? :



    If so they look pretty sweet but are they available in the uk?

    Mythic is the UK version of Banshee, not sure why they changed the name, but I'm pretty sure that they are available there. They also have the Rune 6inch trail bike with 1.5" steerer

  9. #9
    go huck yourself
    Reputation: jimage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    506
    dam im waiting on a bottlerocket from project leeds,3 delayed so far
    Dirt jumps come and go, but dirt junkies will dig forever.

  10. #10
    MTBiker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    984
    the new nomad is 1.5HT and that's what..6 inch travel?
    We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace -Michael Franti

  11. #11
    General Rabble-Rouser
    Reputation: Karupshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,007
    Are you talking 1,000 american dollars or British Pounds?

    Finding anything new for under 1k american is going to be tough.

    Used BottleRocket is the only thing coming to mind to meet that price point. If you have GBP to work with, you can get just about anything you like. BR, WC, Nomad etc...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    90
    couldnt use banshee in the UK b/c it was already trademarked so they changed the name to mythic to sell them over there - yes its the same company. i have one and it is a bad ass bike

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mikey_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    454
    with the value of the US dollar you will get a steal on a BR. go with a us dealer and save yourself some $$.

  14. #14
    local trails rider
    Reputation: perttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11,862
    Quote Originally Posted by dooner
    Mythic is the UK version of Banshee, not sure why they changed the name, but I'm pretty sure that they are available there.
    Sure it is. The latest issue of MBUK has it on test. Somebody already owned the name "Banshee" in UK.

  15. #15
    Nucking Futs
    Reputation: Sneeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    353
    Derekr,

    This is the only UK dealer for Mythic in the UK;

    http://www.freeborn.co.uk/shop/frame...wildcard-frame

    Got one from them and they kick-ass!

  16. #16
    Jersey Hucker
    Reputation: FoxRider77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    314
    yakuza aniki, I know its a crappy taiwan frame, but I like how it rides, and Its got a 1.5 steerer.

  17. #17
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    ***deleted I Fked Up ***

  18. #18
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    thanks alot for ur help guys, really am set on a bottlerocket but im also now looking at the bullit but prob to similar to the vp-free i have.

    Dont fancy a nomad, but the banshee looks pretty sweet.

    btw its 1k uk pounds.

    I've emailed transition im just waiting for a reply see if i can buy one direct.

    I've heard so many horror stories from project leeds, i dont want to stir the sh1t but personaly i'll steer well clear!

    FoxRider77: if ur in the uk i can give you a pair of shermans 150/130 for spares.

    Cheers

    Derek

  19. #19
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_
    Transition has a UK distributor, any chance you can find a used one?
    I wish mate but none to be had in the uk

  20. #20
    Look at the time!
    Reputation: lelebebbel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by derekr
    Hi mate,

    Its not the shipping thats the problem its the import duty to the uk, i've been told it can be up to 35% of the value of the goods which is fkin mad!
    Grap a calculator and do the math!! The UK price (from the projectleeds website) for a BR frame is 900 GPB, that's almost $1,800!!!!

    Buy the frame in the US, even if you pay the retail price of $1300 and add about 1/3rd of that for shipping and taxes, it will still be cheaper.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

  21. #21
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Karupshun
    Are you talking 1,000 american dollars or British Pounds?

    Finding anything new for under 1k american is going to be tough.

    Used BottleRocket is the only thing coming to mind to meet that price point. If you have GBP to work with, you can get just about anything you like. BR, WC, Nomad etc...
    Yeah its 1k uk pounds, i could go a bit more but i'm trying to be sensible my vp cost alot.

  22. #22
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneeck
    Derekr,

    This is the only UK dealer for Mythic in the UK;

    http://www.freeborn.co.uk/shop/frame...wildcard-frame

    Got one from them and they kick-ass!
    Thanks mate,

    Can you tell me is it a std rear end? i.e. Q/R and is the bottom bracket 68 or what?

    Cheers

    Derek

  23. #23
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    Im really liking the wildcard its a sweet looking frame and geom is just what im after.
    Its also 100 bones under budget @ 899.

    Question is black/white or black





    Just a shame transition didnt have other distributors!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 006_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,190
    The white is sick.

    Quote Originally Posted by derekr
    Im really liking the wildcard its a sweet looking frame and geom is just what im after.
    Its also 100 bones under budget @ 899.

    Question is black/white or black


    Just a shame transition didnt have other distributors!

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,819

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •