yohyatt
    Mar 2009

5.10 Hellcat rubber not as sticky as impact?

So I just started using a new pair Hellcats and I'm feeling like the rubber isnt as sticky as some of the other impacts I've felt. Even some older DC skate shoes had more grip than these shoes when using flats, or so I think.

I bought the hellcats becuase I wasnt sure I was going to like not clipping in, and I know feel confident that I dont like clipping in on my dedicated DH bike, so I'm going to use my hellcats for my aggressive AM bike and SIDIs for xc.

So I'd like to get some regular Impacts or Sam Hills- and I'd like to hear from some people on their experiences on the soles of the hellcats vs impacts, even though they both are the S1 stealth rubber. But the patterns are different I know, but are the impacts stickier?

M pedals are also fairly grippy- using the wah wahs, and that's what my comparisons have been off of.

yohyatt
    Mar 2009
    Also would love to hear thoughts on differences between Sam hill vs regular impact

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The hellcats don't feel as sticky as the impacts because the impacts have a thicker layer of rubber, and the hellcats have a stiffer sole to support the SPD. The Sam hill has a slightly stiffer sole than the regular impact, and it has pretty rainbows.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Can anyone else verify that the Sam Hill is stiffer than the impact low?

I was fairly certain the differences were only cosmetic.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    My Hills do feel alot stiffer than my Impacts. The Carvers I tried were pretty stiff too (although they were new). I do think it has alot to do with the thickness of the sole. Hell, I got one of the re-sole kits and used it on some cheap wally-world skate shoes, and they stick like crazy!!! Maybe the Hellcats are made like that. SPD+sticky Stealth rubber= you could never get your foot off!!!