mtbr member

37lb Preston part 2(hey El Gordo)

I'd like to say this will be short and sweet but it most likely won't be either.You know that whole thread got out of control real fast over some stupid sh!t.All I said was "A 39 pound Trail bike su@ks to be you" but whatever its over and done.However that thread made me think about some things such as,OK I don't like Transtion,in fact I think there junk.One of the biggest sh!t box bikes I've ever had the mis-fortune to swing a leg over was a Trans,Dirtbag.BUT that was back in 03-04 and I'm sure they have come along way since.I do see that the Bottle R is a very popular bike.I am alot of things mostly a bike snob,I've always had super high end custom stuff,does this make me better?I think no,BUT it makes my riding situation better.Some will say its not the bike and some will say other wise.Either way I eat,sleep,and breath bikes,ALL KINDS,road,mountain,park.dj,XC I love em all.And I will most likely never think that a store bought cookie cutter,mass produced bike,can ever or will ever be half as good as a custom made anything.But the fact that's how I think I now see has made me viewed as a di@k head.And untill this thread,I never either cared or realized how much.I am a loud,rigid,hard core type of person who takes EVERYTHING very serious.But I'm also really liked by alot and by most people,the fact that some here shared different opinions about this, kind of bothered me.I don't wake up everyday and say I think I'll go on MTBR and piss people off today,but I see that's what is happening.I guess my point is life is short,and this thread has made me say maybe I'll keep my opinions to myself(unless someone is stupid enough to ask).I don't think sorry is what I'm doing here nor would it be enough,but El Gordo I'm not into your bike but who fu@king cares right,if its working for you than so be it.Good luck enjoy and its really all about how you feel when your head hits the pillow at night.And I guess mine hasn't been feeling so good.So sometimes a Person needs to do what thay need to do.Peace CF..PS this in no way means I plan on being some kind of fu@king angel,just that a vaild attempt on my part to do and say things differently seems to be necessary. Do with this what you will.

Roll on Spring Time!
    fred your crazy, lol.
    i was following that thread but good to come clean. we all dig to ride and we all love our shiny new toys.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    My main problems was your attitude in that thread.

Wow you decided to lay down a little more money then others have on their bikes. but I dont think your bloating about is really needed and deffinantly not needed in El Gordo's thread.

If you want to bloat. bloat about how much FUN you had while riding your bike today

and I am sorry if I came across that I was just out to attack you as I wasn't. just wasnt liking what I was reading

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    I'd like to say this will be short and sweet but it most likely won't be either.You know that whole thread got out of control real fast over some stupid sh!t.All I said was "A 39 pound Trail bike su@ks to be you" but whatever its over and done.However that thread made me think about some things such as,OK I don't like Transtion,in fact I think there junk.One of the biggest sh!t box bikes I've ever had the mis-fortune to swing a leg over was a Trans,Dirtbag.BUT that was back in 03-04 and I'm sure they have come along way since.I do see that the Bottle R is a very popular bike.I am alot of things mostly a bike snob,I've always had super high end custom stuff,does this make me better?I think no,BUT it makes my riding situation better.Some will say its not the bike and some will say other wise.Either way I eat,sleep,and breath bikes,ALL KINDS,road,mountain,park.dj,XC I love em all.And I will most likely never think that a store bought cookie cutter,mass produced bike,can ever or will ever be half as good as a custom made anything.But the fact that's how I think I now see has made me viewed as a di@k head.And untill this thread,I never either cared or realized how much.I am a loud,rigid,hard core type of person who takes EVERYTHING very serious.But I'm also really liked by alot and by most people,the fact that some here shared different opinions about this, kind of bothered me.I don't wake up everyday and say I think I'll go on MTBR and piss people off today,but I see that's what is happening.I guess my point is life is short,and this thread has made me say maybe I'll keep my opinions to myself(unless someone is stupid enough to ask).I don't think sorry is what I'm doing here nor would it be enough,but El Gordo I'm not into your bike but who fu@king cares right,if its working for you than so be it.Good luck enjoy and its really all about how you feel when your head hits the pillow at night.And I guess mine hasn't been feeling so good.So sometimes a Person needs to do what thay need to do.Peace CF..PS this in no way means I plan on being some kind of fu@king angel,just that a vaild attempt on my part to do and say things differently seems to be necessary. Do with this what you will.

Fu*k you and your STATE OF THE ART piece of Sh*t!!!!

Nah just kidding dude.. Its funny I just got back into MTB well FR and DH cause I have had a XC bike for a while.. Anyway I tore up my ankle real bad and this is my first build that I wanted to do to get back into it.. So the Preston for me is a killer build I love it its 39lb.... Oh well I am 240lb don't think the bike matters much.. But my main goal is to keep building FR and DH bikes and before you came into the post and talked some real half ass Sh*t the next frame I was looking at was a Nico Helium ST the Camo I had the build setup on paper already to go just waiting on my Ankle money for that one But i am no stranger to customs or state of the art frames I build Choppers as a hobby and I am a snob when it comes to frame building as well so I know how it goes and in Chopper building I have seen some real hack jobs but not once have I ever talked Sh*t to them cause my Bike was $40,000 compared to there $18000 beefed up Sportster you know.. That was my whole thing if you built it with your sweat and hard earned $$ nobody should knock that Sh*t.. But its all good dude.... I still think your crazy for saying white is out of style.... You seem to know your sh*t about Nico's i will give you that so i am sure I will have some questions for you about the Helium..

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Can you feeeeeel the love here?

Tuck & roll...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Can you feeeeeel the love here?
    Its good.

Pivotal figure
    Kumbaya..........

mtbr member
    Its the beers talking....