mtbr member

30hr Review: e*thirteen LG1+ Pedals

Huge platform, 4mm&7mm pins, replaceable nylon plates, spin control, within average DH pedal weight, and 17mm thickness. The pedal could completely rebuilt for about half the cost of new. What was there not to like? other than the 17mm thickness, but even that could be overlooked considering the enormous platform?

Well after 30hrs I have found what's not to like and its a deal breaker. It's not that these pedals are now useless or the grip is no longer outstanding, it is. Its the fact that with all the features and replaceable parts it doesn't add up to a hill of beans if the alloy body breaks. Yes, the nylon plates do sufficiently protect the alloy body, but the pins can be ripped from the alloy body by the occational pedal to rock strike that will happen. Now, this is nothing to worry about if you avoid the rocky techy stuff like the pleague and just pound the groomed flow trail and jump line all day. But if you like to charge that east coast gnar like I do, be prepared to forever lose a couple of pins.

While I'm still happy with their performance. The idea is gone that these may last beyond the season or I may want to invest in rebuilding (more for the fact I will want to replace them with the latest and greatest). While I didn't pay the premium price for these, I feel I could have gotten a cheaper pedal with better or at the least equal durability.

RideDirt
    Damn now thats not good , I would be upset if I paid full price and have that happen ... I had a set myself that I loved the wide platform but they needed to be rebuilt after minimal time on them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Damn now thats not good , I would be upset if I paid full price and have that happen ... I had a set myself that I loved the wide platform but they needed to be rebuilt after minimal time on them.
    I remember the thread where we both mentioned the cost of the pedal plus rebuilding would still be cheaper than some of the more expensive pedals offering the same performance and simular weight. They should make it through, but I will be moving on to something else next year and shorter crank arms.

smartass
    Did the same thing to mine. But I did the same thing to my DMR Vaults and Answer Roves. They're still my favorite flat pedal.