mtbr member

2017 Fuel EX-8 27.5+ For Greens And Blues?

Recently picked up a 2017 Trek EX-8 27.5+ 140mm travel for local single track. I was going to get a dedicated DH bike for Mountain Creek or Windham next season but backed out as I don't want to tie up the money now when I don't know exactly if I will be going enough to justify it. Can I possibly do greens and blues with some minor walls, table tops, etc. with the Trek? BTW, I swapped the brakes off of the new Trek with recently purchased SLX brakes and 180mm front and rear Ice Tech rotors.

always licking the glass
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
    Recently picked up a 2017 Trek EX-8 27.5+ 140mm travel for local single track. I was going to get a dedicated DH bike for Mountain Creek or Windham next season but backed out as I don't want to tie up the money now when I don't know exactly if I will be going enough to justify it. Can I possibly do greens and blues with some minor walls, table tops, etc. with the Trek? BTW, I swapped the brakes off of the new Trek with recently purchased SLX brakes and 180mm front and rear Ice Tech rotors.
    I destroyed an ice tech rotor in one DH riding day.

You *can* ride a trail bike on DH. It's a lot harder on the bike and the body. You're more likely to not do as many runs on a trail bike vs a DH bike, and the DH bikes are designed to take the abuse.

I've done both this year. I've done both in the past. For me, 9 out of 10 times I want to be on my DH bike.
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, Colorado Front Range
    Writer, MTB4Her.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    I destroyed an ice tech rotor in one DH riding day.

You *can* ride a trail bike on DH. It's a lot harder on the bike and the body. You're more likely to not do as many runs on a trail bike vs a DH bike, and the DH bikes are designed to take the abuse.

I've done both this year. I've done both in the past. For me, 9 out of 10 times I want to be on my DH bike.
    Thanks. That's what I suspected.