mtbr member

2013 Shimano Saint rear hub

Is anyone riding these hubs? I can't seen to find a review on the rear hub. I know some of the shimano hubs are pretty crappy but I'm hoping this is not the same for the Saint hubs.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I have a 2 year old saint hub still going strong. The run at least as smooth as my cartridge bearing Hadley's.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    fom what i seen of the 2012 saint product launch this year in whistler (back in june) the saint hubs didnt fair very well in the wet and muddy whistler conditions. one of the journo's who was staying at the same place as us had some major issues with his saint hubs. the bearings wore out and seized, even caused pitting to the inner bit where the bearings sit. not what you would expect after 3 weeks riding.

mtbr member
    Are the new saint hubs still using cup and cone?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    not 100% sure to be honest, as i have never held one myself, i am only going off what i seen when i was in whistler back in june, i think they are still the old cup cone types,
    and like i said, the journo who stayed with us trashed his within the 3 weeks he was there. granted they were ridden hard and in some very nasty conditions. but they still died after only 3 weeks abuse. he even put that in his fianl mag article.
    hear it is read for yourself..... we were in the garage as the journo pulled his hub apart, it wasnt pretty i tell you,
    Shimano Saint groupset | Mountain Bike Gear Reviews | MBR | MBR