Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by climbingbubba View Post
    If you want a good bike for the really chunky stuff then I would suggest the Jedi. I have owned 2 of them and they are great bikes for carrying speed through rough stuff and not feeling as beat up after. Also the suspension handles braking really good.
    Another option since you have that much money to drop is the Turner DHR. That's what I am on now. It is a good balance between plow and pop IMO. It brakes/pedals really well. I do get a little more beat up on the really rough stuff but i like it a bit more on the really technical stuff and also on the jump lines.
    It sounds like you have spent enough time on both the Jedi and the DHR to develop a good feel for their capabilities. What do you like better about the DHR and what do you miss from the Jedi? I'm in the market for a new frame myself and I keep going in circles between the two.

mtbr member
    I'm eyeballing the Jedi for the vertical wheel path.. coming from the straight 8 i think it would be a good transition... test drives 1st though! i do like the grease zerks of the M9 though
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Jedi. No questions. Wicked fast and soaks up the rough.

In relation I think the brothers shortened the chain stays to accommodate for the rearward axle path.

mtbr member
    :d . ,,
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

DownhillBAWS
    I think alot of people are bias to the demo just cause they know its so good
    Just take off the silver part you'll still have the pretty anodized partion, and you'll ride much faster. As fast as a 29er!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ustemuf View Post
    hmm thats funny, thats all i really want from a bike.
    I was thinking the same thing..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2