Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The DH/FR Your Best Shot of the Year Thread

178K views 267 replies 147 participants last post by  LarryFahn 
#1 ·
Since we did one of these last year, we should make it a tradition. It's only February, lots of you guys will be snowed under still, but I'm sure there's already some great shots out there. I'll start us off, here are a couple of me, taken yesterday by my good friend Reuben Shaul:

See less See more
#6 ·
gonna be the ******* here, but if you don't realize you're doing that in the air, you're probably not very good/riding dangerously stupidly, and probably shouldn't be in the air that much.

But honestly, I bet you realize that you're steezin, and you just didn't realize you were getting it that steezy, in which case I take it all back!

edit: also, because opinions are like a5sholes, heres some content of my own!

#7 ·
haha, yeah I guess I knew I was putting some style into it I just didn't realize I was throwing the steez down.

edit: I just realized that this is for 2012 pictures and not last years

#17 ·
does it look better after some editing?
Much better colors, yes. But I don't think the cropping works with the fence, you'll need to leave at least a little sky in there still. The original has a nice sense of size and scale to it, there is room for a little cropping for sure, but maybe not as much as your second version. My two cents'...

#43 ·
really? I donno, I don't think of it as that big...maybe 7-9 feet high, and 15 out? Having done both, I can tell you its way worse to overshoot then undershoot! I think its relatively smooth if you land in the sweet spot.

Anyway, I'll try and get some 2012 pictures this weekend, since that was technically shot in 2011 (although I've done it in 2012!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.