Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeWake
    I have never seen a "dented" downtube if there is rubber in between.

JC
    I recommend you read this thread:

Demo + 40 + Special Bumpers = Dents!!!!!

Boomslang
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    I recommend you read this thread:

Demo + 40 + Special Bumpers = Dents!!!!!
    The question asked was if the new compound bumpers dented the frame.

The thread you are referring to is an individual with old compound bumpers, and the bumpers wore out and resulted in metal to metal contact.

JC

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I didn't realize that there were already old compound bumpers for something that had been released weeks ago. I also didn't realize they would wear out and cause dents within 15 minutes of ride time on a flowy no crash track.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    I didn't realize that there were already old compound bumpers for something that had been released weeks ago. I also didn't realize they would wear out and cause dents within 15 minutes of ride time on a flowy no crash track.

You also didn't realize that you should not believe everything you read on the internet.

mtbr member
    N
    Quote Originally Posted by ARider
    You also didn't realize that you should not believe everything you read on the internet.
    Want a video of the track??? The story's true. Not much hardcore shredding to be done with an arm cast on in a flow track designed for beginners.
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

mtbr member
    I plan on contacting specialzed, but does anyone know for sure where I can get the special bumpers? I'm having a similar problem with my 2011 DHR and would like to try the bumpers before getting a new lower crown.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by charvey9
    I plan on contacting specialzed, but does anyone know for sure where I can get the special bumpers? I'm having a similar problem with my 2011 DHR and would like to try the bumpers before getting a new lower crown.
    You can only get one from a specialized dealer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by charvey9
    http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/go-ride-f...1297367635.jsp

I saw these in a thread a while ago, can't remember the name of it. They're not quite the same thing but should do the trick. Just stick 'em to your frame where the crown will contact

2011 Turner DHR Build - GO-RIDE.com Here we go just found it. Go-ride put it on a DHR they built up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler243
    http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/go-ride-f...1297367635.jsp

I saw these in a thread a while ago, can't remember the name of it. They're not quite the same thing but should do the trick. Just stick 'em to your frame where the crown will contact
    You can get the same thing at Home Depot or Lowes. In the section where they sell furniture pads for chair and table legs. Cheaper too. I know because I've used some to eliminate a dashboard rattle in my WRX in the winters.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I had the same issue but my Fox 40 came with the new large bumpers and the lower crown was still contacting the frame even before the bumpers. My LBS installed a chris king lower headset cup and it solved this issue. They also re-installed the smaller fork bumpers which increased my turning radius. The size of the headset cup is either 5mm or 6mm.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Pic

Can you post a picture? I bet the king looks bling on there.

mtbr member
    There is a spacer that you need to put under the lower bearing race. You can call Specialized and they will send it to you. Unless you purchased a complete Demo w/ Fox 40's, they will not come with the spacer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by m3bfva2 View Post
    I had the same issue but my Fox 40 came with the new large bumpers and the lower crown was still contacting the frame even before the bumpers. My LBS installed a chris king lower headset cup and it solved this issue. They also re-installed the smaller fork bumpers which increased my turning radius. The size of the headset cup is either 5mm or 6mm.
    do you know the part number or can you share a link? thanks

Tire Geek O_o
    I have a 2012 Demo, and I love the bike, but dont like Boxxers, Ive been googling around to see what I could do to this frame issue.... I noticed that the 888 from Marzocchi have a drop down crown, could this work?
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It should work. My buddy has the same model year as mine a 2011 Demo and he is running a 2011 Marzocchi 888 Rc3 EVO and he had no clearence issues with his. The drop down crown on the Marzocchi solves the problem. I wish FOX would design one for their 40.

Tire Geek O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by m3bfva2 View Post
    It should work. My buddy has the same model year as mine a 2011 Demo and he is running a 2011 Marzocchi 888 Rc3 EVO and he had no clearence issues with his. The drop down crown on the Marzocchi solves the problem. I wish FOX would design one for their 40.
    Thanks I will be scouting the web for sales on 2012 888s or even better 2013 with gold stanchions...
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2