• 02-04-2011
    William42
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeWake
    I have never seen a "dented" downtube if there is rubber in between.

JC

I recommend you read this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/downhill-freeride/demo-40-special-bumpers-%3D-dents-683543.html
  • 02-04-2011
    JakeWake
    Quote:

Originally Posted by William42
    I recommend you read this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=683543

The question asked was if the new compound bumpers dented the frame.

The thread you are referring to is an individual with old compound bumpers, and the bumpers wore out and resulted in metal to metal contact.

JC
  • 02-04-2011
    William42
    I didn't realize that there were already old compound bumpers for something that had been released weeks ago. I also didn't realize they would wear out and cause dents within 15 minutes of ride time on a flowy no crash track.
  • 02-04-2011
    ARider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by William42
    I didn't realize that there were already old compound bumpers for something that had been released weeks ago. I also didn't realize they would wear out and cause dents within 15 minutes of ride time on a flowy no crash track.

You also didn't realize that you should not believe everything you read on the internet.
  • 02-04-2011
    jurichar
    N
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ARider
    You also didn't realize that you should not believe everything you read on the internet.

Want a video of the track??? The story's true. Not much hardcore shredding to be done with an arm cast on in a flow track designed for beginners.
  • 04-02-2011
    charvey9
    I plan on contacting specialzed, but does anyone know for sure where I can get the special bumpers? I'm having a similar problem with my 2011 DHR and would like to try the bumpers before getting a new lower crown.
  • 04-02-2011
    JefedelosJefes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by charvey9
    I plan on contacting specialzed, but does anyone know for sure where I can get the special bumpers? I'm having a similar problem with my 2011 DHR and would like to try the bumpers before getting a new lower crown.

You can only get one from a specialized dealer.
  • 04-02-2011
    tyler243
    Quote:

Originally Posted by charvey9

http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/go-ride-f...1297367635.jsp

I saw these in a thread a while ago, can't remember the name of it. They're not quite the same thing but should do the trick. Just stick 'em to your frame where the crown will contact

http://forums.mtbr.com/downhill-freeride/2011-turner-dhr-build-go-ride-com-687529.html Here we go just found it. Go-ride put it on a DHR they built up.
  • 04-02-2011
    eurospek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler243
    http://www.go-ride.com/SPD/go-ride-f...1297367635.jsp

I saw these in a thread a while ago, can't remember the name of it. They're not quite the same thing but should do the trick. Just stick 'em to your frame where the crown will contact

You can get the same thing at Home Depot or Lowes. In the section where they sell furniture pads for chair and table legs. Cheaper too. I know because I've used some to eliminate a dashboard rattle in my WRX in the winters. :lol:
  • 04-28-2011
    m3bfva2
    I had the same issue but my Fox 40 came with the new large bumpers and the lower crown was still contacting the frame even before the bumpers. My LBS installed a chris king lower headset cup and it solved this issue. They also re-installed the smaller fork bumpers which increased my turning radius. The size of the headset cup is either 5mm or 6mm.
  • 04-28-2011
    mjdthunder
    Pic
    Can you post a picture? I bet the king looks bling on there.
  • 04-28-2011
    BenMx26
    There is a spacer that you need to put under the lower bearing race. You can call Specialized and they will send it to you. Unless you purchased a complete Demo w/ Fox 40's, they will not come with the spacer.
  • 06-25-2012
    dasnakenyc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by m3bfva2 View Post
    I had the same issue but my Fox 40 came with the new large bumpers and the lower crown was still contacting the frame even before the bumpers. My LBS installed a chris king lower headset cup and it solved this issue. They also re-installed the smaller fork bumpers which increased my turning radius. The size of the headset cup is either 5mm or 6mm.

do you know the part number or can you share a link? thanks
  • 12-23-2012
    cesalec
    I have a 2012 Demo, and I love the bike, but dont like Boxxers, Ive been googling around to see what I could do to this frame issue.... I noticed that the 888 from Marzocchi have a drop down crown, could this work?
  • 12-23-2012
    m3bfva2
    It should work. My buddy has the same model year as mine a 2011 Demo and he is running a 2011 Marzocchi 888 Rc3 EVO and he had no clearence issues with his. The drop down crown on the Marzocchi solves the problem. I wish FOX would design one for their 40.
  • 12-24-2012
    cesalec
    Quote:

Originally Posted by m3bfva2 View Post
    It should work. My buddy has the same model year as mine a 2011 Demo and he is running a 2011 Marzocchi 888 Rc3 EVO and he had no clearence issues with his. The drop down crown on the Marzocchi solves the problem. I wish FOX would design one for their 40.

Thanks I will be scouting the web for sales on 2012 888s or even better 2013 with gold stanchions... :thumbsup: