mtbr member

We the people ... 2010 Black Rock (Falls City, OR) shuttle day event - July 25th

Northwest Trail Alliance (NWTA) is hosting a shuttle day event on July 25th at Black Rock Mountain Bike Area (near Falls City, Oregon) for people who have donated $55 or more towards the match funding needed for purchase of ST240 singletrack trail construction machine. Limited to 100 first registered.

The Cause

NWTA has been recommended for funding thru Oregon Parks & Recreation for an 2010 RTP grant requesting $90,000 towards project for purchase of trail machine, enclosed trailer, and operator training. But NWTA needs to raise match funding (we have secured $8,000 so far), and this shuttle fundraiser event will generate at least another $4,000 towards our goal.

Full color event flyer (large file)

For details about how to donate and register for the event, see http://nw-trail.org/2010shuttleday page.

mtbr member
    Oh, how I miss Blackrock, and Oregon in general...Shuttle days at BR are the best.

mtbr member
    i rode there yesterday - a shuttle would have been nice.. we were out there all day and I got mad tired from the hike...

Riding at Blackrock today. - More Mountain Bike Videos

mtbr member
    Signed up last week for both days.
    Voice your support for Timberline Bike Park
    http://www.timberlinelodge.com/mountainbike/

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Just need to deposit my paycheck and I'm in...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty
    i rode there yesterday - a shuttle would have been nice.. we were out there all day and I got mad tired from the hike...

way to rock the Bach.
    Originally posted by bucksaw87
    I still fail to see how mustaches, fixies, and PBR are ironic.

Calm like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty

yea man we had a blast!! conditions were perfect yesterday

We got 3 runs in but hiking up took its toll after awhile...well that and not bringing food

shuttle day is going to be sick...im already signed up ready to go

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just signed up. Better hurry a 100 won't last long. Any bay area peeps who want to carpool let me know.

mtbr member
    Event is 25% filled.

Remember... this is a fundraiser first, a shuttle day second. Meaning... yeah, $55 to shuttle is more than typical, but it's not about the shuttle day it's about getting $14,000 together as match grant funding towards purchase of the ST240 singletrack machine to put more sweet singletrack on the ground in the PDX region!

Not a requirement to shuttle to donate towards the machine. Visit http://nw-trail.org/2010shuttleday and lob us a donation only. Any amount.

Received word from State grant manager that NWTA has been recommended for funding, and approved at the Federal level. We're in the "fund programming" stage now. Should be receiving official letter of grant before the July 25th shuttle event!

mtbr member
    I'm surprised more people haven't signed up yet.

Leave it all on the trail
    Wow, never thought I would be listening to Yo-Yo Ma and watching people shred trail. Nice touch......
    Ride. Dig. Party.

mtbr member
    I'll register when i get home for work tonight. I think my buddy roger is in too. So that should be two more down.

mtbr member
    here's a pic from riding up there last friday.

and one more

mtbr member
    So bummed that I'll be going out of town that Friday for a 45 mile backpack camping trip. I'd pay $75 every weekend for a shuttle at Black Rock.

mtbr member
    Still slots available. Hoping this fills up, but I'm beginning to have my doubts and it makes me feel bad for Black Rock... cuz I'm not sure why more people aren't jumping on this chance to shuttle at BR. It's a once a year sort of deal unless you are one of the trail builders or do the annual Black Rock Flow Cup.

If you love good singletrack, and want to see more in the Portland area... consider sending in a donation even if you AREN'T going to be able to make the shuttle. see http://nw-trail.org/2010shuttleday for how to donate (you don't have to sign-up for the shuttle - but you'd be crazy not to - unless like some you got other stuff going on).

Remember this is a fundraiser to help pay the matching requirement towards grant to purchase ST240 singletrack machine. http://singletracktools.com Donate at least $55 and then as a thanks you'll be able to shuttle July 25th (lunch included) starting 9am, or donate at least $75 and you'll be able to shuttle both July 24th (starting 1pm) and July 25th.

There's half dozen projects in area that include mountain biking singletrack and this machine will be used to help get it done.

mtbr member
    I think there will be more now that it is getting closer. We will have a crew up there but only one of us has signed up at this point.

I am personally waiting to make sure I come back from Whistler in one piece.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by joer
    Still slots available. Hoping this fills up, but I'm beginning to have my doubts and it makes me feel bad for Black Rock... cuz I'm not sure why more people aren't jumping on this chance to shuttle at BR. It's a once a year sort of deal unless you are one of the trail builders or do the annual Black Rock Flow Cup.
    I've asked multiple friends if they're going, but they've all registered for the Port Angeles race... Unfortunately for me, my ankle's not ready for hucks yet, so I'm passing.

Don't feel bad for Blackrock man, ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

In Armor We Trust
    This shuttle day was announced 6 weeks ago. With the event just over 2 weeks off, only 1/3 of the 100 person limit is filled. Friends and I will be signing up shortly, and I do hope they fill it up for the fundraiser's sake. If not for poor planning, I bet it would've been more filled by now and guaranteed to be completely maxed out. That same weekend is the Fluidride Cup at Ski Bowl, and the NW Cup in Port Angeles. I think it's safe to say that there are prob plenty of people attending those events that would've come if the shuttle day were scheduled on any other weekend.
    DH/FR: Intense 951
    FG: KHS Flite 100

In Armor We Trust
    Reg is half full now.
    DH/FR: Intense 951
    FG: KHS Flite 100