Check out Epic Cycles
    Jan 2007

2009 Marzocchi 66 RCV Air Adjustment/Setup?...

Hey Guys, I need some help on setting up my fork. I just bought a new 2009 Marzocchi 66 RCV Fork and I was wondering if anybody knows how the air adjustment works on this exact model 66 fork? Im 99.9% sure it does not have a coil spring? It has 2 air chambers on the top of each leg and they both have red caps that say air adjustmest. Am I supposed to run an equal amount of air pressure in each leg or are they different adjustments? I am 140 pounds+ with gear and I need to know how much pressure to run in each leg? I am a big hit rider and its a 7 inch travel Santa Cruz Bullit 2.0. Should I always use a Marzocchi brand shock pump as well because I know they are different then some other pumps because they only go to like 200psi I think where the others go to 300psi If Im not mistaken? Does the fork come stock with any air and can I run 0 air pressure if that feels good or will that screw up my fork?..... If anybody can please help me out I'd really appreciate it

Thanks so much! Cheers...

CC

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I think I had the same fork on my 2009 Norco Shore. It's a coil fork with air preload. Yes, you'll want to run the same air in both legs. Look up the manual on Marzocchi's site for more info, but if I recall correctly you can run 0-15psi for the air preload. I found however that it's very sensitive and for me running even a few psi made the fork super stiff. I ended up using exactly 3 pumps in both legs. It wasn't enough to register on the shock pump dial, but was just enough to make it feel good. I weigh about 165lbs. Check the specs for what spring you should run too. You may be pretty close to a soft spring. For now I'd probably try running the fork without air or with a couple pumps in each leg. Any shock pump should work just fine.