Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2009 Haro XEON or 200? TRANSITION Gran Mal???

5K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  Triple8Sol 
#1 · (Edited)
2009 Haro XEON or 200? TRANSITION Gran Mal??? NEW PICS!!

Howdy folks!!!
I'm new to the forums and have been out of the loop for sometime now. I rode a lot of DH/FR when I was younger, but gave it up for awhile and am now looking at a couple of bikes and hoping to get back into things.

The two machines I am looking are a Haro XEON 2009 with triple crown ROCK SHOX boxxers front susp. and ROCK SHOX pearl 6" rear susp. Great componentry, Hayes hydraulic disc brakes 8" rotars. Black spire dual chain guide, large frame. Thats all I can remember about that bike.
Number 2 machine is a TRANSITION Gran Mal large frame set with huuuuge Marizocci bombers(triple crown) Fox coil rear susp.(not sure of the model). Pretty much this bike has it all, Hand made rims, by a local rim maker(the man is deceased now). The owner had a grassroots sponsorship with TRANSITION and is a serious racer.

The prices are very similar and I am having trouble deciding what machine would be the best for me. Things have changed so much since I was last active in the dirt community. I know what I like and I know what I am looking for, but are these two bike THAT similar? will they both do the same job for me? I am 6'1" over 200lbs.(hopfeully dropping a few lbs. soon). I am looking for a bike that I can roll with the fam. on for a day and then hit a serious trail and get childish maybe even race when I want to.

I have read most of what I could find here on both bikes and now I just want them both!!!:mad:

Recommendations????

Thanks in advance

Josh

See less See more
#29 ·
here are the specs for the GM I bought...All are 09' except for the frame...

tires- Maxxis Minion dhf & dhr ust
wheels- Mavic 823's
brakes- Saint calipers grabbing 8" Shimano Saint rotors with Deore Levers
suspension- fork: Marzocchi Bomber 888 RC2X
shock: Fox DHX 5.0 coil
head set- Cane Creek Zero Stack
seat post- Thomson Elite
drive train- front sprocket: 32 tooth
rear cassette: Shimano 105 12-27t
shifting- Sram X-9 rear derailleur short cage X-9 trigger shifter

I'm stoked! I pick it up tomorrow!!!

I'll post pics after I am done drooling over it...Thanks for the info. guys!

#32 ·
Congrats on your bike. Trust it and ride true to your abilities. I have an X3 Haro and a Xeon, both bullet proof bikes. I have a Marz 66 on that bike and an Rp23. I'm hitting every dh trail in SoCal on it and no cracks. The only bad thing about the xeon is that shitty Pearl I blew two up. I'm riding on outlaw rims with 951 tires.

Anyways Transition is more popular if your looking to in the in crowd, Haro is still a great company and focused a lot on jump bikes. Good luck with your Transition also a good bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.