Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

2008 Morewood Shova LT

Comments about this bike?

clyde in training

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    I don't need specs, just comments about peoples opinion on the bike.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumba15
    I don't need specs, just comments about peoples opinion on the bike.
    out of all the bikes in the world that is one of them....that is my opinion on them
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    meh.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i like how it has two wheels

mtbr member
    Well... I guess I can't get any real opinions about the bike. Thanks guys lol

Premium Member
    I have a Morewood Izimu (and am currently building a Shova ST).

While they certainly have some of the negative characteristics of a non-floater, non-linkage single-pivot (squat under braking, some pedal feedback) the pivot replacement and pivot design are both pretty much perfect, and they ride really damn well. Very fun, simple, and enjoyable bikes. That said, I haven't ridden the LT, so take that into consideration.

mtbr member
    I have an '07 that I love. It's a great bike. I originally had it set up for more DH/FR runs (see pics in sig from early last Spring), but now I'm using it more for AM. Does both quite well. Simple, effective, and fun.

toby

Now with More Wood
    I'm on the 2009 Zuza, which is sort of the replacement for the Shova LT. I'm loving every second of it.....fast, nimble yet stable, great on drops...very short top tube even on the L, don't know how that compares to the late Shova LT. Take that into account for any climbing...it can grind up hills, but wanders in the front end a bit and the pedalling position is not brilliant. But it comes into its own on the way down....
    Last edited by Iceman2058; 07-24-2009 at 02:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies so far guys... keep em' coming

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Didnt you just buy a stinky? It looks cool and i bet it rides well.
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntandride
    Didnt you just buy a stinky? It looks cool and i bet it rides well.
    Yeah I did. Found a killer deal however on a never ridden Morewood Shova LT 2008 frame with a fox dhx 5.0 in the rear. 500 for all of it and I've heard some sick things about this bike before... Just weighing my options. And I pulled an epic fail buying a new fork for the stinky and got a 1.5", the fork would fit the shova...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Wow I'd say go for it then!
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntandride
    Wow I'd say go for it then!
    I think I might have to. The shova can take all of the freeriding and downhill and can still do some climbing which I need, the stinky just might be too heavy for all of the climbing I have to do to get to the freeride stunts lol. I have talked to a few people lately about the shova and all I hear is "thats a effin sick bike", just got off the phone with a guy from marzocchi about a warranty issue and he was all about the shova and said it is insane.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2058
    I'm on the 2009 Zuza, which is sort of the replacement for the Shova LT. .
    Pics?

Premium Member
    500 is an insane deal, even if you ride it and don't like it you could probably nearly double your money selling it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    500 is an insane deal, even if you ride it and don't like it you could probably nearly double your money selling it.
    I'm sure that I will fall in love with it. I have heard it's an awesome bike and I'm needing something that can do the big freeride stunts but can ride the trails and climb decently as well and this bike sounds like it fits the ticket perfectly

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2058
    I'm on the 2009 Zuza, which is sort of the replacement for the Shova LT. I'm loving every second of it.....fast, nimble yet stable, great on drops...very short top tube even on the L, don't know how that compares to the late Shova LT. Take that into aco**** for any climbing...it can grind up hills, but wanders in the front end and the pedalling position is not brilliant. But it comes into its own on the way down....
    can we get some action shots on the Zuza bro?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yeah I did. Found a killer deal however on a never ridden Morewood Shova LT 2008 frame with a fox dhx 5.0 in the rear. 500 for all of it and I've heard some sick things about this bike before... Just weighing my options. And I pulled an epic fail buying a new fork for the stinky and got a 1.5", the fork would fit the shova...
    Where are you finding all these crazy deals? Do you have access to some meth heads bike storage?

All I ever find on CL or pink bike are the 20 year old hardtails for $500

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Climber
    Where are you finding all these crazy deals? Do you have access to some meth heads bike storage?

All I ever find on CL or pink bike are the 20 year old hardtails for $500
    Lol, it is only the frame and rear shock, but thats still a killer deal. Tried buying a fork from a guy on pink bike that would fit my bike since I made the mistake of ordering a 1.5" instead of a 1 1/8". He was local and wanted to help me out but he had already sold the fork. He said he would sell me his morewood shova lt frame with fox dhx 5.0 never ridden for 500, he's a real nice guy. He said he just likes to see people ripping it up and he wanted to help get me back biking. Talked to him over the phone and he seemed really nice! I just find all of my deals on pinkbike and won't buy from someone unless they have a good selling history and will talk over the phone with me. Haven't had any problems.. yet, knock on wood

mtbr member
    Here are the pics: Headset not included in the deal. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Nice! Enjoy!

PM me if you need a headset (Acros 1.5").

toby

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees
    Nice! Enjoy!

PM me if you need a headset (Acros 1.5").

toby
    Thanks man, the Acros are usually expensive, probably out of my price range. However, let me know what you want for it. I sent you a pm

Now with More Wood
    Pics?
    Some in the link in my signature (mixed with some Enduro action shots as well), some in this thread: The Morewood Zuza Action Pic Thread. Working on some more actions shots (off to the Alps in 1 week, that should help... )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast