mtbr member
    Jan 2013

2008 Ironhorse sunday world cup vs 2012 giant glory 2

Hey guys. I have been Downhilling a bit now and i am looking into buying a full suspension bike. I know that with a budget of $2000 my options are limited but i have found 2 bikes that i am interested in. A 2012 Giant glory 2 and a 2008 Ironhorse sunday world cup. The glory is 100% stock but the iron horse has a fair few aftermarket parts.

So what im asking here would be what would be the better bike?
    Because the iron horse is not %100 stock here is a link to all of its specs.
    SA Custom Anodised Purple Ironhorse Sunday - Medium (17"))

Thanks

ride more
    Mar 2007
    That Sunday is siiiick !

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m View Post
    That Sunday is siiiick !
    I love the colour scheme on the bike and it has lots of aftermarket parts on it. but its a 5 year old frame

GAME ON!
    you sure that sunday's still available? the ad looks to be 5 months old since the last update
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    The Sunday looks sick but I'd go with the glory, it's newer so in theory it should have less riding time on it. Also it's made by giant and is still in production so replacement parts will be easier to get and when riding hard DH parts willll need to be replaced.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    you sure that sunday's still available? the ad looks to be 5 months old since the last update
    Yes, i asked the owner recently and he said it was still for sale.

mtbr member
    I'd go Giant too. The Sunday has the flimsier 32 mm fork (that's what I have too, but I'm a little guy), and the Juicy brakes might just not be enough to stop the bike during hard runs. I could be wrong but the Giant might also have a more modern, slacker geo.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    That Sunday looks SUPER mean, looks like it has a decent spec ect.

BUT.... as others have said, The glory probably has more modern GEO, and has less ride time.

I'm getting my bike powdercoated soon, and now I'm seriously considering getting it purple!

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Sunday: discontinued bike from a now defunct company.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The sunday is .5" lower and .5 degrees slacker. Sunday geometry was ahead of its time, glory geo is way behind. Sunday parts are still easily available, and giants not going to honor a warranty for a second owner.

GAME ON!
    i'd probably change the fork and brakes on the sunday
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Not really much of a decision here. A 5 year old DH bike (although great in its day) from a manufacturer that no longer exists for $2000 or a 1 year old DH bike (which also happens to ride very well) from a manufacture that offers a lifetime warranty for $2000. Yes, if you need to warranty the Giant you won't get a zero cost replacement because you are not the original owner, but you will get a very good deal on any parts needed.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

mtbr member
    If this guy has had his bike on the market for ~5 months I bet you can manage to pull that price tag down just a bit, with lots of reminders as to how old the frame/fork/shock is.

Everyone has valid points as to why the Giant is a better option..... but damn that is a bad ass looking Sunday. I'd be hard pressed to turn down that bike (assuming a price drop). It's pretty slick. Plus you get a nice drivetrain/cockpit.

Can you test them to make sure the suspension is still in good shape (I'd worry most about the quality of '08 suspension and not about the '08 frame)

Good luck
    Gnar Cal!

GAME ON!
    no way i'd pay $2000 for the sunday. it's actually been up for sale for over 7 months so it's clearly not priced right but if the price was mid to low 1000s, i'd pick it over the giant.
    RIP Adam Yauch

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jval83 View Post
    Hey guys. I have been Downhilling a bit now and i am looking into buying a full suspension bike. I know that with a budget of $2000 my options are limited but i have found 2 bikes that i am interested in. A 2012 Giant glory 2 and a 2008 Ironhorse sunday world cup. The glory is 100% stock but the iron horse has a fair few aftermarket parts.

So what im asking here would be what would be the better bike?
    Because the iron horse is not %100 stock here is a link to all of its specs.
    SA Custom Anodised Purple Ironhorse Sunday - Medium (17"))

Thanks
    Here's why the sunday is a bad idea, the seller hasn't had success selling it for months, so if you buy it you probably wont be able to sell it at all. Colors like purple are a fad. Pink was the fad a few yrs ago, not anymore. And, IH is out of business, so parts would be pretty rare to come by. Oh and it's a ghey color, its ok if your a chick.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yep, that sunday is overpriced. He spent a lot on building and rebuilding it that he will not be able to recoup. The value of the bike is not in how pretty it is...

The Glory is one of my favorite bikes to ride, slays DH, jumps amazing, and pedals decent for what it is. Also quite affordable!

Glory > Sunday

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Great lookin bike.
    GOD SPEED # 58 YOU'LL BE MISSED