mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 2008 888RC3 Internals swap to 2009 888 RCV

Hello people, I was wondering If anyone of you cold help me or contact me with someone tha can. A friend of a friend of mine broke his 2008 888RC3 at the arc, he got himslef an used 2009 888 RC3WC and I was thinking to swap the RC3 internals to my 2009 888 RCV. The lowers seem to be the same, but I technically dont know in the parts would make a match in the RCV lowers. having the 2 forks at the same time is not an option because I dont know the guy well, so I'll buy the internals from him if they do match. I've already searched forums, google and whatever else I could think of. Thanks to everyone!

downhiller900sl
    Writing from Venezuela!

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Pretty sure it will bolt right up.

mtbr member
    It should work fine man. The new dampner(s) should just swap over like nothing. While your at it, change your seals and oil for the lowers. Marzocchi dampers aren't usually serviceable so don't worry about the seals in those, just change the oil in the damper and bleed if needed.

mtbr member
    The parts will swap right over, very simple job
    Many marzocchi internals are interchangeable as Marzocchi quite often reuses chassis specs

i.e the 08 and 09 chassis's are identical

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    thanks to all of you, i'll be doing the swap this afternoon, i'll take photos and if I have the chance, i will convert it to a tutorial so anybody can do. Thanks again!

mtbr member
    If that doesn't work out try this

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.c...Cart%20Kit.htm