ROBOTIC RESERVE

2007 Mar-zo 888 RC2X

Does anybody know what this fork weights with standard oil levels?

Thanks
    CS
    Captain's Rides
    2008 Turner 5.Spot Raw - Pushed RP23 / Pike 454 U-Turn
    2008 Turner Highline GDO - CCDB / Fox 40

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I don't know what they weighed, but here's the oil height table.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Snakebite
    Does anybody know what this fork weights with standard oil levels?

Thanks
    CS
    Not exactly, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 3/4 pounds with the axle. It's definitely somewhere between 7.5 and 8lbs for sure.

greedy as a pig
    3340 grams

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    Not exactly, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 3/4 pounds with the axle. It's definitely somewhere between 7.5 and 8lbs for sure.
    Nope. Mine, with cut steer tube, axle, and a crown race weighed about 8.25lbs. Crown race sure wouldnt add much, so even without it your lookin at just over 8 lbs.

Measured on my Park digital scale

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMack10
    Nope. Mine, with cut steer tube, axle, and a crown race weighed about 8.25lbs. Crown race sure wouldnt add much, so even without it your lookin at just over 8 lbs.

Measured on my Park digital scale
    Maybe you're also weighing with the stem? Or perhaps the 2008 model (which are heavier)? That is too heavy. I've got a 2006 RC2X which is virtually the same as the '07, only diff is the brake mount. Mine weighs in at 7.4 pounds with upgraded TI springs. The springs saved roughly 150g over original steel. So 7.4lbs + 150g = 7 3/4 lbs.

That seems to jive what is posted on sicklines:
    2007 888 WC listed as 7.38lbs (isn't that just an RC2X with Ti Springs and nickle plated stanchions?)
    2006 888 VF2 listed as 7.42lbs (makes sense since the internals are probably lighter in the VF)
    Last edited by oldskoolbiker; 03-04-2009 at 10:40 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    Maybe you're also weighing with the stem? Or perhaps the 2008 model (which are heavier)? That is too heavy. I've got a 2006 RC2X which is virtually the same as the '07, only diff is the brake mount. Mine weighs in at 7.4 pounds with upgraded TI springs. The springs saved roughly 150g over original steel. So 7.4lbs + 150g = 7 3/4 lbs.

That seems to jive what is posted on sicklines:
    2007 888 Boxxer WC listed as 7.38lbs (isn't that just an RC2X with Ti Springs and nickle plated stanchions?)
    2006 888 VF2 listed as 7.42lbs (makes sense since the internals are probably lighter in the VF)
    Im fully aware of what year my fork is. 2007 888 RC2X VA. Not only did I not weigh with the stem, I think I might have even not had the upper crown on there.

Did I read that correctly, that you are saying a Boxxer is "basically the same as a 888 with Ti springs"? The Boxxer is one of the lightest dual crown forks out there, and has been for a while. There is no weight comparison with a Boxxer, and a coil sprung 888. The 888 is one of the heavier forks out there, but I take that weight penalty any day for the level of reliability you get from a 888.

Next time I have my fork off I will post pics of it on the scale, but Im not gonna run out there and pull it off specially for this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMack10
    Did I read that correctly, that you are saying a Boxxer is "basically the same as a 888 with Ti springs"?
    That was a typo. Supposed to be 888 WC. Don't know why I typed that. I corrected the post. I know the difference in the forks.

I don't know where the weight discrepancy is coming from. Maybe springs/oil levels?

StraightOuttaCompton
    dude, that fork is so sexy, but haevy as hell!
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I believe mine is Marz RC2XVA 07 year - 8.3 pounds with paper wrap , still filled with original susp. oil... Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images