mtbr member
    Jul 2007

2006 Yakuza Ojiki

Hey i just bought a 06 Ojiki which looks to be hardly used off of ebay for 850 shipped and I was wondering if this was a good price and if it is a good bike for learning down hill on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    well too late to find if its a good price...you already bought it so it doesnt matter.

you're not gonna win any DH races or huck massive drops, but it's a good starting point. what fork and rear shock did it come with?

also, people tend to forget what MTBR stands for...MTB Reviews:
    http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/freeri...5_1543crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    well i havent confirmed the purchase yet so i guess i could always be a bad buyer and back out

7 inch travel single pivot freeride frame with Manitou Metel R shock - Forks: Marzocchi Dropoff II Thru Acle 150mm - Gears: Shimano Hone rear derailleur - Shifters: Shimano Deore RapidFire - Chainset: TruVativ Ruktion Howitzer crankset with E-13 Supercharger bash guard - Wheels: WTB Dual Duty Freeride rims with sealed bearing thru axle hubs

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i had already looked at the review on mtbr before i bought i just wanted to get a second opinion

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    really really base build. shock isnt all that great...neither is the fork. but for the price, thats the kind of components you're going to expect. the frame itself should be fine. just ride it till stuff breaks, then upgrade as you progress your skills.

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by colbster
    well i havent confirmed the purchase yet so i guess i could always be a bad buyer and back out

7 inch travel single pivot freeride frame with Manitou Metel R shock - Forks: Marzocchi Dropoff II Thru Acle 150mm - Gears: Shimano Hone rear derailleur - Shifters: Shimano Deore RapidFire - Chainset: TruVativ Ruktion Howitzer crankset with E-13 Supercharger bash guard - Wheels: WTB Dual Duty Freeride rims with sealed bearing thru axle hubs
    Dude, don't buy it, no way. I got a 05 Norco Shore, 888r, DHX 5.0, Syncros wheels for that price. Adjustable geometry and travel, horst link rear suspension, waaaaay better bike. You can find them going for that cheap all the time on Pinkbike.com classifieds.

I wouldn't even buy that bike... Manitou Metal shock and 150mm Dropoff, yuck, it's gonna ride like poo.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    thats the bike i learned on and i had it for 2 seasons and nothing aver broke on it, the thing is a little heavy but it takes whatever you can throw at it. i loved that bike but i needed to move on, i sold mine for 800 so yeah it would be a good deal. it would be worth it to replace the rear shock though, the metel is so terrible.
    Wounds heal, but going big is forever