mtbr member
    May 2009

2006 Rocky Mountain RMX v 2007 Giant Glory

Hey guys,

Sorry for the repeated "v" thread but just got a quick one for you all...

I have a chance to buy a couple of different frames to upgrade from my Coiler that just doesn't cut it at the moment.

First is a 2006 Rocky Mountain RMX 2.0 with the Marz 888 forks on it and DHX 4.0. A mates frame so I know it's legit for roughly $1100

Second is a 2007 (although I reckon its a 2006) Giant Glory frame with DHX 4.0 also for roughly $1000

My first thought is that the Giant is a better bike, although for the same price I can get the RMX with a fork (that I would otherwise need to buy) and I know the bikes history...

For what it's worth I have all x.9 drivetrain and elixer R brakes for it, not that you guys actually care...

What are your thoughts?

clyde in training
    which 888 is it?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    It's the 888 RC2, just been overhauled with new seals and the lot. comes with axles and direct mount stem aswell

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The RMX is more of a freeride type bike, right? Is it a glory FR frame or DH? If you want to do DH and it's a Glory DH that you're considering, it might be better bet than the RMX since the geometry is better suited for racing.

If it's a Glory FR frame and you're looking to do FR, I'd probably go with the RMX. A shock is cheaper than a fork.