e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr

2006 Morewood Izimu Rear Tire Rubbing Problem, huge pics included

sorry for the huge pics

Last year i swapped my manitou 6 way (finally) for a 5.0... bought the same dimensions as my 6way ( 8.75" i2i,,, 2.75" stroke) but with a 500 lb spring

2 weeks ago i bought a lighter 400 lb spring ( which, according to the mtn spring calculators is correct ) and feels so much better

but now i am experiences a sh*t load of tire rub, even on the littlest drops

i had the shock shuttle in the middle, which is what i prefer, geo felt great

but i did move the shock shuttle towards the rear tire ( more FR geo ) and really did not like how it felt, but it did solve the shock rub problem..

my dhx is tuned for DH as- 150 Psi in air chamber, 2 clicks of propedal, barely any spring preload ( maybe one or two turns ), and bottom out pretty much cranked

what is there to do? smaller 26" tire is the only thing i can think
    i want to keep the shock shuttle in the middle postion

freeride shock position rub

freeride shock shuttle position

downhill shock position rub

downhill shock shuttle position

mtbr member
    the dhx looks like it has a way smaller bottom out bumper, maybe if you could fit a bigger one on the dhx that might solve it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hows it going,
    Just saw your thread and thought id help you out. The problem is you are running your shock shuttle the wrong way around. The hole for the front bolt of your shock should be facing to the back of the bike not the front. This is how they are meant to be set. The way you have yours set makes the bike more slack that what was designed meaning your tire rubs. With the way i have mine set up i can set the mount to the forward most position and the tire still clears the seat tube. Hope this helps.

dirt visionary
    Yup shock shuttle is backwards.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.