soviet pride

2003 iron horse sgs team (worth it?)

i could be able to get a good deal on an iron horse sgs with a boxxer world cup. The bike is an 2003 model that hasnt been used but iv heard that they have a flakey swing arm in the '03 models and so im not sure. if anyone can give me any more info on the swing arm flex situation or whatnot that would be great. Aswell as some pros and cons about the bike.

thanks alot
    im all about midget drops

mtbr member
    How much do you weigh? I have an iron horse SGS with a boxxer and romic. It works great!!! So far, my swing arm is still functional and no cracks. If you get a really good deal on it, take it. Because it ever breaks, you can buy the 04 swingarm from e13components.com

Quote Originally Posted by ilikepinkbikes
    i could be able to get a good deal on an iron horse sgs with a boxxer world cup. The bike is an 2003 model that hasnt been used but iv heard that they have a flakey swing arm in the '03 models and so im not sure. if anyone can give me any more info on the swing arm flex situation or whatnot that would be great. Aswell as some pros and cons about the bike.

thanks alot

soviet pride
    Quote Originally Posted by tomyboy
    How much do you weigh? I have an iron horse SGS with a boxxer and romic. It works great!!! So far, my swing arm is still functional and no cracks. If you get a really good deal on it, take it. Because it ever breaks, you can buy the 04 swingarm from e13components.com
    i weigh 150lbs. And yeah i heard they had a problem with the '03 swingarm and the '04 fixed that problem
    im all about midget drops

Soul Cycles
    Jan 2005
    i liked mine before i sold it, it was a 04, and yes, u can always upgrade the swingarm to 04 from 03, its a nice bike.
    SELLING-

Manitou Stance Statioc

Huricane FORK UP

Tioga XC Rims Still in wrap

Meh.
    It's a very nice bike, and if you can get a deal on it, then go for it. But in my opinion, it's a little too much weight to pedal around.