mtbr member

2 year only DH bike agreement on a Demo 9?

Well when i talk to my mom about getting the demo9 my mom tells me in a year or so i will want a new bike ( she used to be fine about it but now for some reason shes not) So who would be willing to make a 2 year agreement on a demo 9 ? i could possibly swap parts or maybe keep the parts switch the frame in a year or so. Also when i pay the bike off i would buy a DJ, urban 4X type bike so it wouldent have to be my only bike.
    So please give me a reply and help me out alot .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    Well when i talk to my mom about getting the demo9 my mom tells me in a year or so i will want a new bike ( she used to be fine about it but now for some reason shes not) So who would be willing to make a 2 year agreement on a demo 9 ? i could possibly swap parts or maybe keep the parts switch the frame in a year or so. Also when i pay the bike off i would buy a DJ, urban 4X type bike so it wouldent have to be my only bike.
    So please give me a reply and help me out alot .
    Umm yeah, i have a five year agreement going for my next one. Your gunna get some heat for posting this, most people here have owned their bikes for longer than that. Lots of people riding 01's and earlier. I would definetly do it.

But then again, what if the demo 9 breaks??

mtbr member
    too bad, lol...
    what were is gnarcal

Pro Crastinator
    it's a rad bike, keep it.

i plan on having my mono untill it falls into pieces. it's a wonderful thing to have the bike you really want........

mtbr member
    Alright, thanks WCH. Ill defintley go for it then, and ohh, its such a sick build!!!
    what were is gnarcal

ceteris paribus
    Get out of here...
    You should just try sticking with your 2004 stinky, ride it till it's worthless -2 or three years at least- and then get the demo9, or just wait another year and get whatever you where planning on getting after the demo9.
    Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha-beta psychadelic funkin'

mtbr member
    im not planning on getting something after but you never know what "technological advances" there will be. I am going to do this with my mom.
    what were is gnarcal

ceteris paribus
    Well that's true, technology does advance quite fast. But when you look at it closely it's mostly marketing bs. You could just go for the demo9, and make your mind on running as the underdog for a year or two -after it's no longer the latest- develop some extra skills to compensate and then overkill the competition in 2007-2008

mtbr member
    yeah, thanks. I will make the aggrement and use it till it dies, because i know it will be capable. Thanks guys.
    what were is gnarcal

V10 Freerider
    I wish my mom would buy me a bike... Oh yeah, I am far too old for that.

Most of my bikes are old. But since I maintain them they ride like they were new. Kind of...

Technology is great and all but it does not replace skill.
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

mtbr member
    yeah, thanks. I will make the aggrement and use it till it dies, because i know it will be capable. Thanks guys.
    Your list of sponsors is interesting:

Sponsors
    CUTTING EDGE
    Soul Cycles

But I think you are forgetting one major sponsor - YOUR MOM. Is she paying for your Demo 9? By the sounds of the agreement she is indeed a sponsor. Cool that she is willing to sponsor you.

TJ

mtbr member
    i don't think there are going to be many new bikes out in the 1 or 2 year. Just little minor things, like the looks and small safty issues and things. so i'd go for it and keep it for a while. maintain it very well and then you will have a long lasting bike.

Bad@ss NYC Freerider
    be happy u even got some one to pay for your bike! anyway, the demo is a tough bike. it will last u way more then 2 years. iv been riding my bighit since the start of 2003...go for it!

mtbr member
    nah, shes not that nice

She will just let me borrow the money, and then i will pay her back. So i still am lucky she is allowing me to do it...
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    nah, shes not that nice

She will just let me borrow the money, and then i will pay her back. So i still am lucky she is allowing me to do it...

So do you have to pay the money back plus interest, or are you getting a nice 0% financing deal????

mtbr member
    Not sure actually, to add to my case of buying it i might have to say ill have interest. Becuase she says that if i want something i just borrow the money from her and she doesent like it. But atleast i pay it all off, like i had to pay off $1300 for my stinky and i got it all paid of in 5 months and i wouldent have to pay back that much for the demo 9, either way i am happy.
    what were is gnarcal

ceteris paribus
    Sounds like a good deal anyway - beats the sh*t out of paying some ridiculous interest rate to master card & friends...
    I've got a similar deal going with an uncle of mine, where he lends me money 0% interest whenever I need it. But I don't borrow over a $1000 -since i work in a rather unstable industry, sportbooks...