Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

#2: Post your Single Crown DH/FR beauties!

226K views 627 replies 258 participants last post by  twelve02 
#1 ·
Sorry but the other thread has a ton of pictures deleted after 20 pages and I used it for reference and ideas....
So I figured Id start another for the 2010/2011 so I/we can reference it again... Besides it was great seeing all the single crown set ups, I know I tried several different things based on what I saw in that thread...
So same thing they are obviousley stout forks and we have a new player to the arena this season the fox 36 180mm...

So if you got a single crown DH/FR bike lets see em!:thumbsup:

Im back with a 2011 66 chassis and Avalanche cartridge in it, figured its great in my bxr WC Id grab the single crown unit for the 66 and LOVE it... WOW what a difference the new bushings and lowers make over 08/09 holy "rhymes with RAP" ....

See less See more
#411 ·
Pretty...maybe not but I picked it up for $400 off of Craigslist and it serves it's purpose
I personally think it looks pretty good but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and like you said, it serves its purpose. That's all that matters right?

#417 ·
That looks great. I'm going the same route with my brother's Stinky. Dropping the Triple Drop-Off DC POS fork in favor of a Rockshox Lyrik Solo Air, trying to make that bike more AM-friendly than Freeride orientated. And dropping 2+ lbs is a plus in my book. :thumbsup:
I'll post pics when I'll swap it.

#462 ·

36.4 lbs AM/FR setup +1 on the CC AS HS 65 Geo
you have no idea how much I want a bike set up like that... some personal preference things with some components (I prefer air shocks/forks, and obnoxiously wide (780mm+) flatbars, and non-lock-on grips) but by in large, that's my dream bike with damn near my dream build on it!

#496 ·
My new sled has a fox 40 big brother with avalanche internals but is a lot more play full with the fox 36 talas 180.
2012 pivot phoenix 36.62 lbs and that's with dh casing tires, it will drop 500g with the new gravity hansdampf schwalbes next month and another 200g with six cranks. So it should be 34.75 with 36 and 36lbs + with fox 40.

Here's the drop from the top by the bike to the landing starting where the helmet is at

#512 ·
So, I've just finished rebuilding the bike :)
There was slight problem with headset, one part was missing, but it's done :)

Surprisingly, even though, the frame is rad heavier, the bike is still 14,82kg :) Or maybe my scale broke down and doesn't show anything else!? :D

Some numbers:
wheel base: ca. 1170mm
BB height: 345mm
TT horizontal: ~555-560mm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.