Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

#2: Post your Single Crown DH/FR beauties!

226K views 627 replies 258 participants last post by  twelve02 
#1 ·
Sorry but the other thread has a ton of pictures deleted after 20 pages and I used it for reference and ideas....
So I figured Id start another for the 2010/2011 so I/we can reference it again... Besides it was great seeing all the single crown set ups, I know I tried several different things based on what I saw in that thread...
So same thing they are obviousley stout forks and we have a new player to the arena this season the fox 36 180mm...

So if you got a single crown DH/FR bike lets see em!:thumbsup:

Im back with a 2011 66 chassis and Avalanche cartridge in it, figured its great in my bxr WC Id grab the single crown unit for the 66 and LOVE it... WOW what a difference the new bushings and lowers make over 08/09 holy "rhymes with RAP" ....

See less See more
#230 ·
Bombers

This is a 2005 66RC. Wouldn't trade it for any other fork. I say 2006 and earlier are the best but I have only one newer model 4X. It's a 2010 and the rebound is not strong enough for me. The cartridge was replaced and it feels the same. They said it is normal for that fork. It should be much slower rebound when tuned up all the way. Bottom line is it rides good. I hope no one is lying to me. Doubtful. The newer FR DH forks are probably fine. Check the reviews on MTBR.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.