mtbr member

2.4 Rubber Queen/Trail King for DH

I don't hear to much talk of riders using these tires for DH and was hoping to get some feedback as a front, rear, or both. I'm mainly looking at it as being a front.

mtbr member
    They are a good do everything high volume tire.
    They can take some abuse.
    They perform best when mounted on a wider rim.
    They are tougher than many of the single ply tires with DH tread and reinforced sidewalls.
    I like them best for trail riding.
    They do fine on hard packed and well built bike park trails and features-depending on the bike I like them for well built jump lines.
    They can float/drift too much for my liking in loose conditions-there is a lot of surface area and volume there.
    Depending on how you ride and where you ride, you may like them as a light weight single ply tire option.
    I prefer a Minion or Minion inspired tread for the bulk of DH riding as I get a much longer tread life and more predictable handling in more conditions.
    I really like Continental tires-I love the Kaiser for DH.

mtbr member
    I also liked the Trail King for trail riding, just didn't know about DH application. Minions are the smart choice but I'd thought I see if there were some other opinions on some less expensive tires ( I can get the Queens cheap)

Huffy Rider
    I'll let ya know. I just ordered some 2.4's for my new build. I use the 2.2's on my little bike and they work great in the terrain I ride.

Brenda

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Haven't tried the two you mentioned but the Kaisers, had great traction on rock because of their stickiness, but dont roll very fast. Good tires for steep rocky trails were rolling resistance isn't a factor, not so good on flowy, fast, peddly trails were rolling resistance is a factor.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

usually cranky
    i have used it as a rear on my trail bike and liked it a lot, but it is round, and upfront i like a square tire. i feel like they have more bite in the corners.

mtbr member
    I'm just going to stick with getting minions, but I just have to decide on the combo Supertacky or 3C UST with a 60a rear

Roll on Spring Time!
    Sticky front 60A rear. I find they both wear down nice and even. I have tried 3C and from my experience they break apart.
    I just want to ride.