Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2.4 Rubber Queen/Trail King for DH

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  juan pablo 
#1 ·
I don't hear to much talk of riders using these tires for DH and was hoping to get some feedback as a front, rear, or both. I'm mainly looking at it as being a front.

#2 ·
They are a good do everything high volume tire.
They can take some abuse.
They perform best when mounted on a wider rim.
They are tougher than many of the single ply tires with DH tread and reinforced sidewalls.
I like them best for trail riding.
They do fine on hard packed and well built bike park trails and features-depending on the bike I like them for well built jump lines.
They can float/drift too much for my liking in loose conditions-there is a lot of surface area and volume there.
Depending on how you ride and where you ride, you may like them as a light weight single ply tire option.
I prefer a Minion or Minion inspired tread for the bulk of DH riding as I get a much longer tread life and more predictable handling in more conditions.
I really like Continental tires-I love the Kaiser for DH.

#5 ·
Haven't tried the two you mentioned but the Kaisers, had great traction on rock because of their stickiness, but dont roll very fast. Good tires for steep rocky trails were rolling resistance isn't a factor, not so good on flowy, fast, peddly trails were rolling resistance is a factor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.