mtbr member

09 Session FR vs. 10 Glory

These are the two bke that I'm targeting in the used market. Im leaning towards the Session FR b/c it shares the frame with the DH version and I've seen them reasonably cheap.
    The other is the Glory, Now I'm not supercrazy about them, but I like them. Maybe it's the inside the bike feel that I'v read about. They can also be found cheap, But I'm courius why I see so many for sale and many of the owns bought new rigs?

And with that being said, I've noticed the same thing with the Demo, why so many on the used market?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Drth Vadr View Post
    ...I'm courius why I see so many for sale and many of the owns bought new rigs?

And with that being said, I've noticed the same thing with the Demo, why so many on the used market?
    Plenty of people buy a new DH bike every year or so. Some people have thrashed them and want to get rid of them cheap before the blow up. Or they bought a bike and it was the wrong size or didn't ride the way they wanted it too. My number one favorite reason to get a new DH bike (or anything else bike related) is because the new model year is new thus making last years old and obsolete! I usually get at least one bike a year and am guilty of all of the above!
    As for the bikes you mentioned. I would be wary of a three year old bike if it looks like it has been ridden the way it was intended. 3 years of flogging can be a hard life for a bike. I would be similarly concerned if the Glory was bashed around on a race track for a couple of seasons. But if the look like they have been treated nicely then you won't go wrong with either one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by myarmisonfire View Post
    . 3 years of flogging can be a hard life for a bike. I would be similarly concerned if the Glory was bashed around on a race track for a couple of seasons. .
    That's always in the back of my mind. I'm not buying anything at looks beat up, but with that being said , looks can be deceiving. I'm taking a geographical approach to my search and purchase by buying farthest away from a mountain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    without knowing what condition they're in etc, and having some time on both, I would unequivocally recommend the session, the geometry is a million times better. About the only point the glory is any better is that it pedals better, but the session is more balanced, way better geometry, and having owned several meastro bikes (from the 09 glory to currently owning a trancex) I like the way the sessions suspension functions alot better.

But how used and abused the bike is should definitely play a role.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by William42 View Post
    But how used and abused the bike is should definitely play a role.
    Thought you would have added your 2 cents on ridemonkey first. I added the demo in the mix there. I have to consider Demos for the price on the use market and there are so many of them, besides a lot look like one and done race season. I'm taking a geographical approach to searching and buying by looking in areas that it's a haul to get the the mountains to make good use of the bike. I often see bikes like that in OH,GA,TX you get my drift.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    the demo is pretty legit, neither of them is going to hold you back, and you're going to have a big smile on your face riding either.