mtbr member
    Apr 2009

09 Brodie Hellion?

Been thinking about picking up a FR hardtail mainly for trails and ocassionally hitting up some jumps, drops etc. Something that can take a beating.

Looking at the 09 Brodie Hellion, is there anything better for this price point? Been toying around building a bike around a Cove Stiffee or Banshee Scirocco frame as well, but I've yet to price that out. But feeling that a complete is better for me right now.

http://www.brodiebikes.com/2009/bikes/hellion.php

Thanks.
    Last edited by MMK86; 04-22-2009 at 11:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    that bike looks fun

mtbr member
    maybe the NS Surge?

http://www.ns-bikes.com/

under frames its the last one on the right, in blue

lotto baby
    i just threw down a deposit on one. its coming late may - cant wait
    i spurt in the wind, and the wind drug it

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    I ride a Norco Rampage and love it. Fast, fairly light with a nice build on it, can handle 180mm+ although I run mine with a 160mm. Even have seen them with 200mm+ but dont see the need for it. Its hydro-formed and different years had different paint schemes but my 07 looks great in sky blue and black with white wheels. Definitely takes a punishment from me on the daily (5' drops to flat, big stair gaps, 8-10' drops to trannys) its a billygot climber too...even with 2.3s on it front and back, it cruises up hill with ease [even with no granny gear, just a single ring up front and bashguard]. There are a few on pinkbike for sale or you can see if Norco/Savages have any left from last year. www.sbcoutlet.com
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xterrain
    I ride a Norco Rampage and love it. Fast, fairly light with a nice build on it, can handle 180mm+ although I run mine with a 160mm. Even have seen them with 200mm+ but dont see the need for it. Its hydro-formed and different years had different paint schemes but my 07 looks great in sky blue and black with white wheels. Definitely takes a punishment from me on the daily (5' drops to flat, big stair gaps, 8-10' drops to trannys) its a billygot climber too...even with 2.3s on it front and back, it cruises up hill with ease [even with no granny gear, just a single ring up front and bashguard]. There are a few on pinkbike for sale or you can see if Norco/Savages have any left from last year. www.sbcoutlet.com
    Yeah checked out a Sasquatch and Bigfoot today. Beefy, beefy frames...def toss em around without having to worry about snapping the frame. I was really impressed. Rode that Hellion (17" frame). Really like it, felt just right to me. Might pick it up.