Don't ride a Trek anymore
    Sep 2008

'08 Supreme DH vs '10 Session 10 vs '09 Chumba F5

Hey guys,

Looking at getting my first dedicated gravity rig. This bike will be used for everything from Freeride to DH racing, but most of my time will be spent at lift serviced bike parks and shuttle DH trails (in the Front Range area). I'm a buck fifty and coming off of a Cannondale Rize with a fairly burly build that I use for all around trail/AM riding--So I'm not used to a ton of travel/super slack geo, and I'm also not super heavy/hard on bikes. BUT that's not to say that I couldn't get used to riding something with a ton of travel and really slack angles. My budget is right around 2 grand, so I've been scoping out the used market for about a month now. At the moment, I've got offers for three bikes: an '08 Commencal Supreme DH w/Fox 40 (2009ish), '10 Trek Session 10 w/ Fox 40 and an '09 Chumba F5 w/ 09 888 WC. All are right around the 2 grand mark, with the Chumba being cheapest and the Session 10 being most expensive.

I'm most intrigued by the Commencal, with it's adjustable head angle and wheelbase--seems as if that would help me to bridge the gap between the more "flickable"/freeride-y side of things and the flat-out Dh race side. It also only has 7 or so inches of travel in the rear, while the other two are 9-10". What do you all think? Any other bikes I should really be keeping an eye out for?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ive rode that supreme and its super flickable, and just flys. If it where my money i would buy the commencal and just put alittle money in it.
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I second the Commencal! I have a 09 Supreme DH and just got my new Supreme DH
    V3 frame in. The V2 rides amazing and I know a couple people who ride the 08 that love them. Are these complete bikes?? Let me know if you are interested in a 2009.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Commi_KA View Post
    I second the Commencal! I have a 09 Supreme DH and just got my new Supreme DH
    V3 frame in. The V2 rides amazing and I know a couple people who ride the 08 that love them. Are these complete bikes?? Let me know if you are interested in a 2009.
    Man I love the look of they new v3! Give us a review after you get her all together.
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat