mtbr member
    Mar 2006

03 norco launch + 2004 fox dhx 5.0=?

hey all i was just wondering if you could put a fox dhx 5.0 into a 03 norco launch. could you get a pro to bend the seat post bar things out of the way little or would it fit or just not work at all please i need to know as soon as posible. and any help would be aswome

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_rider227
    hey all i was just wondering if you could put a fox dhx 5.0 into a 03 norco launch. could you get a pro to bend the seat post bar things out of the way little or would it fit or just not work at all please i need to know as soon as posible. and any help would be aswome
    I've got an '03 Launch and I don't think it would work at all. I was getting a new spring for the existing Vanilla RC and Fox sent me a DHX spring by mistake. The DHX spring was HUGE compared to the Vanilla spring. There's no way the shock could fit in the space provided. If you had someone bend the supports out of the way, that would severely weaken that part of the frame. I'm just guessing here but I don't think it would work.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    no one else has any coments. ??? so you guys think it will not work at all???

lidless ascender
    If the supports are apart the same amount as on the Shore 2004, there should be no problem with clearance.I had a 5th Element in there with enough clearance and 5th Element springs are the same diameter as DHX springs.
    Well, there was another problem though: the chock could not be run in the 7.1" setting because the piggyback hit the swingarm under full compression.It was a matter of milimeters, but more than enough for possibly damaging the shock.There was no problem in the 6.1 setting though.Anyway, the Shore's swinglink is different than that of the Launch.

Marko