mtbr member
    Jan 2006

03 Jr.T or 05 Manitou Sherman Firefly Plus

Hey i got a 03 giant Ac2, i do mostly dirtjump with some freeriding and i was looking to go for a 6'' Sc instead of a 7'' Dc. Do you think it would be a good choice to have the manitou to better suit my riding style?Is it even worth it to do the switch?Well if so how much could i sell my Jr.t for its in MINT conidition with direct mount stem. Thanks for the help
    Cheers,
    Mitch

Florida Rider
    Get the firefly

The sherman flick I have is great and very similar to the firefly, you will like the firefly a lot better than the Junior T

Meh.
    If the Firefly comes with SPV, you'll hate it. Both forks will have spikey feelings, both can be fixed without too much work. SPV can be devolved by removing a spring in the SPV unit, and SSV in the Jr. T can be made so that fluid flow is improved and it's less spikey. I know how to do both, don't hesitate to ask. The Firefly will probably be a better option for DJ and lite FR. Be sure to keep the SPV at 30psi, running at the minimum will make it more compliant. Shermans are notoriously undersprung. You MAY need to upgrade to the x-firm. You may be ok at the stock if you use SPV for bottom out control. If you can get a TPC+ Firefly, that's the way to go.

Samsonite Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    If the Firefly comes with SPV, you'll hate it. Both forks will have spikey feelings, both can be fixed without too much work. SPV can be devolved by removing a spring in the SPV unit, and SSV in the Jr. T can be made so that fluid flow is improved and it's less spikey. I know how to do both, don't hesitate to ask. The Firefly will probably be a better option for DJ and lite FR. Be sure to keep the SPV at 30psi, running at the minimum will make it more compliant. Shermans are notoriously undersprung. You MAY need to upgrade to the x-firm. You may be ok at the stock if you use SPV for bottom out control. If you can get a TPC+ Firefly, that's the way to go.
    What he said .
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Meh.
    Well, it'll only feel spikey over closely spaced bumps at a rapid pace. For DJ and straight hucking, it probably won't be so bad.

Glad to Be Alive
    you should be saying Hello Jr.

Manipou sucks
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

ride hard take risks
    FireFly all the way. Marzsucki

pin it to win it
    Nov 2005
    gett the sherman, i own two and have a friend with a new flick, no problems with them at all.

Giant STP 06
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Could you maybe PM me with the Jr. T thing?