Thread: 03 Dirt Bag

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

03 Dirt Bag

built one up, light duty trail/ freeride. very dialed in bike. great all around performer. cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Mountain Bike Life
    AAAAAWWWWWWW MAN..................

That bike is a beaut. The reason I am sad is...well....the plan was to sell the Surly and get a Dirtbag frame. To make a long story short...I sold the Surly and since we are moving and needed the money from the sale of the bike to move....I coughed it up. I know it is for the betterment of my family but I am REALLY bummed I did not get the Dirtbag. It looks like such a sweet bike....have fun with it man, and think of me while your enjoying your new ride.

Have you got any rides on it yet, if so can you tell me what you think so far...and what bike did you come from....plus and negatives. Did you get the special deal they have on the large 03's?

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    What happened to the banshee?

100% Cheesy Goodness
    Once i sell my mtn Cycle 9.5 i will be on my way to a dirt bag. Probably get the 04. I am stoked. And i talked to kevin @ transition and he's super cool. I cant wait. Any one want a slightly use mtn cycle 9.5???? see cheesy ad below
    Word
    Dave
    Blaaah blaaah blaaah

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    How much room is there between the front tire and the fork?

banned
    Youuuuuuuuu lucky dog!

You have to give us your spec'd list of "ALL" Parts and what it weighs in at, even if you have to pilfage the bathroom scale into the garage. Just sneak it in stealth mode style under your sweatshirt. I want to know the weight as that's what I'm aiming to get. I'm even considering that z150 but leaning more towards a super t. Anyway, what's this I hear from everyone about 03's on sale??? I went to the site and what I see is $849 or $949 with DB kit, is this the sale price?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy
    AAAAAWWWWWWW MAN..................

That bike is a beaut. The reason I am sad is...well....the plan was to sell the Surly and get a Dirtbag frame. To make a long story short...I sold the Surly and since we are moving and needed the money from the sale of the bike to move....I coughed it up. I know it is for the betterment of my family but I am REALLY bummed I did not get the Dirtbag. It looks like such a sweet bike....have fun with it man, and think of me while your enjoying your new ride.

Have you got any rides on it yet, if so can you tell me what you think so far...and what bike did you come from....plus and negatives. Did you get the special deal they have on the large 03's?
    yeah picked it up on sale for 749.00( tax refund gift) it's mainly built for a trail bike( ride 3 times a week with the xc buddies) and it hangs great, pedals up a hill with ease and has a steeper head angle than my chaparral, so it's a bit more nimble on the tight root infested trails of NC.
    running a 700 spring which makes it more responsive for trail riding. very similar to the chapparal with slightly different angles, and lighter. havent noticed any downsides of it yet, only 3 rides on it but feels solid. if you can scape up some funds it'll be worth it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    How much room is there between the front tire and the fork?
    like a 1/8", it's tight for sure, but no signs of rubs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtfulPirate
    What happened to the banshee?
    still have the banshee, it's setup with a super t, it's used for shuttle runs and heavy abuse use.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Get_Outside_N_Ride
    Youuuuuuuuu lucky dog!

You have to give us your spec'd list of "ALL" Parts and what it weighs in at, even if you have to pilfage the bathroom scale into the garage. Just sneak it in stealth mode style under your sweatshirt. I want to know the weight as that's what I'm aiming to get. I'm even considering that z150 but leaning more towards a super t. Anyway, what's this I hear from everyone about 03's on sale??? I went to the site and what I see is $849 or $949 with DB kit, is this the sale price?
    Pat T.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat T.
    What's going to be the difference between the 03's and the 04 frames?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Get_Outside_N_Ride
    What's going to be the difference between the 03's and the 04 frames?
    04's are getting a slight geometry change, beefier chainstays,seatpost tube to 30.9,chainguide mounts. give em a call.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

make sure when it bottoms out..

Quote Originally Posted by staz
    like a 1/8", it's tight for sure, but no signs of rubs.
    the tire doesnt hit the crown... otherwise thats a SIICCCKKK ride man.. congrats!