Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

******r Friends?

3K views 41 replies 37 participants last post by  trailadvent 
#1 ·
anyone else have a friend, who sucks at riding, but has decided to buy a bike to go out and ride with you, then decides that whatever was on your wish list is in their shopping cart when they order all their ****... it drives me nuts :madman: boy what a life it must be to be single with no kids

#3 ·
wow, I find it surprising a ****** bag like you as friends . . .you must think you're sOOOO cool right ?

What kind of friend goes out and post that kind of crap about their friends on the internet ?Does your friend know you think he sucks on a bike? Does your friend know how bad you get pissed that he likes you and wants to be like you ?

#6 ·
tuumbaq said:
wow, I find it surprising a ****** bag like you as friends . . .you must think you're sOOOO cool right ?

Let me ask you this, what kind of friend goes out to post that kind of crap about their friends on the internet ?Does your friend know you think he sucks ?Does your friend know how bad you get pissed that he likes you and wants to be like you ?
He himself says he sucks. and yes apparently, im freakin awesome :rolleyes: i must be awesome because i get annoyed at the fact that everything i was looking at buying to the Dot on the I's he copied. its not that he wants to "be" me. he has no originality. i did not mention the fact that he rubs it in my face that i have to work my ass off to pay for a family and i have to buy bits and pieces of my bike one at a time, while he can go all out and order everything in one order. i guess its my bad for ranting somewhere.

Brings me to another OT of the OT thread.
One thing i like about being stationed in korea, everyone who rides a bike here, isnt a dick

#7 ·
kaniggitkev said:
He himself says he sucks. and yes apparently, im freakin awesome :rolleyes: i must be awesome because i get annoyed at the fact that everything i was looking at buying to the Dot on the I's he copied. its not that he wants to "be" me. he has no originality. i did not mention the fact that he rubs it in my face that i have to work my ass off to pay for a family and i have to buy bits and pieces of my bike one at a time, while he can go all out and order everything in one order. i guess its my bad for ranting somewhere.

Brings me to another OT of the OT thread.
One thing i like about being stationed in korea, everyone who rides a bike here, isnt a dick
Doesn't sound like much a friend does he? :rolleyes:

#8 ·
pablo4429 said:
Doesn't sound like much a friend does he? :rolleyes:
thus the reason of my rant. i tried to ease him into riding, since he really isnt good. helped him get a starter bike. built it for him, but thats pretty much when he went freak-o. but then again, my bad for ranting some where that i found a useful site. still useful. its kinda like jamis. their products are decent, but i sure didnt like the customer service

#12 ·
kaniggitkev said:

ck
look at it another way....he respects you and the choices you want on your bike....so what if he buys stuff faster then you....you earned it and our still getting it with time...be glad you have your friend.....life is precious and can be gone instantly

#13 ·
bro you gotta get over that! don't you realize that the companies sell to other people besides you? you can't get mad cause I have the same bars, or cranks as you! that's pure jealousy, be happy with what you have and ride the crap out of it! envy is bad bro, not cool! be happy you inspired someone to get into this wonderful sport of ours!

#15 ·
This could be a good thing right? You're dying for the new and awesome looking shifters, but can't get them, so your rich buddy hops on them and has them the day they come out. He slaps them on and begs you to go for a ride. You are jealous and angry, but agree. Halfway through the ride his brand new shifter quits working, explodes, and kills him. Now you know not to get it...

Just kidding bout him dying, but if a product you want sucks, and he gets it, then you know not to get it, it's like a personal product tester so u no what to and what not to buy...

#17 · (Edited)
Moosey said:
This could be a good thing right? You're dying for the new and awesome looking shifters, but can't get them, so your rich buddy hops on them and has them the day they come out. He slaps them on and begs you to go for a ride. You are jealous and angry, but agree. Halfway through the ride his brand new shifter quits working, explodes, and kills him. Now you know not to get it...

Just kidding bout him dying, but if a product you want sucks, and he gets it, then you know not to get it, it's like a personal product tester so u no what to and what not to buy...
I try to encourage my friends to buy parts for this exact same reason. Anyone interested in buying some TLD T Bones and telling me how they they like them? Preferably someone with Kyle Strait experience.

#20 ·
I know what you're talking about. I have had friends like that maybe not with biking but same concept. On the flip side, I'm probably considered a friend like that, although I'd like to think I'm original and don't straight up copy other peoples ideas, try not to at least, but when a guy as a good idea can't really be helped. And yes it is nice to be single and have no kids so you can spend stacks on hobbies and sports but you have a family to show for all the work and sacrifices that you've made. He has a nice bike. You kinda win that one.

#21 ·
Heh, I'm lazy when it comes to shopping and I often rely on the hard work of my buddies to tell me what to buy. They research WAY more than I have the time to devote to some of the details. In my book, one more buddy to go riding with me with good gear means less of a chance that I'll be out pedaling alone.

Cheers!

#22 ·
The OP has got it all wrong.

I wish I had a riding buddy that would buy all the things I wanted ahead of time. I could save a load of cash if I got the chance to try everything before buying.

#23 ·
I'm single an buy lots of cool **** lol. Me an my friend grew up together riding bikes. His parents had lots of money so he always had better bikes. Now that he is married and has two kids he rides a db response and I have my session. First day I showed him my new bike he was kinda like dude that's a waste of money, but when he put his ass on it an ripped down our favorite trail he gave me more respect. You only live once so you might as well buy the things you want!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.