Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!

Recoil 2009, 90% upgrades, & soon I will make it a 9 speed 3X9 with Sram X7
    I Love it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-img_2832.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-img_2838.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-img_2837.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-img_2839.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Hello???

Hello???

13 yrs old in my own mind
    Quote Originally Posted by arielDB View Post
    Hello???
    .....Mcfly!?

We are here, where were you when I posted the "no love for the RECOIL" thread?

I posted pics in the thread sticky "show us your diamondback" up-top. I will re-post them here though.

Last edited by Skulltoy; 07-10-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Nice

Nice job Skulltoy

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Goodbye POS rear shock....
    New fork should be coming in tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-pic6.29.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

The rear shock makes a big difference

The rear shock makes a big difference, just to let you guys, got all my parts on ebay so just take your time and you can get crazy deals!!!!!!

Singletrack Slayer
    Cool bikes! Why don't you save your money toward a complete Sortie 2, ie.? For all the upgrades it would be cheaper in most cases. But I understand upgrade as you got the $ too and customize it as well!
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNeiles View Post
    Why don't you save your money toward a complete Sortie 2, ie.? For all the upgrades it would be cheaper in most cases. But I understand upgrade as you got the $ too and customize it as well!
    lol no such thing as saving money in my house. Got two step-daughters and a baby on the way. Plus, I have too many other hobbies (running, lifting, surfing, working on my car), so I need to split what little money I have left over after bills between all of them.

Cool bikes! Why don't you save your money toward a complete Sortie 2, ie.? For all the upgrades it would be cheaper in most cases. But I understand upgrade as you got the $ too and customize it as well!
    "Dave.......Dave, what are you doing Dave?" HAL

I would love to be able to buy a SoRTIe 2 or even a top end MiSSioN (Want the Hammerschmidt), but to pull back the dreaming here, the SoRTIe 2 is listed at $2200 most places?

I cannot vouch for the other RECOIL owners, however, for me the 2011 RECOIL cost me $533 shipped to my door.

The higher end parts, some of them I had just put on my hard-tail three months ago, and some like the FOX shock I was lucky to snag the deal. I have a little over $700+ in upgraded parts in the RECOIL. (90% of them new within the last four months and just transferred to my new bike from my old.)

So $533 + $700+ is only $1233+, a little over half the price of a SoRTIe 2.
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 07-01-2011 at 07:38 AM.
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

Quote Originally Posted by arielDB View Post
    The rear shock makes a big difference, just to let you guys, got all my parts on ebay so just take your time and you can get crazy deals!!!!!!
    That is where I got the shock is off of ebay. Killer deal too......................

Made a HUGE difference over the cheap cheap Tough Shock thingy..............

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Well for me guys........

Well for me guys, at the time summer of 2009 I just had to get back into MTBing, @ the time I did not have $2000 for a FS bike, wife & 3 kids, & I don’t think I will like a hardtail, so the Recoil was about $575, I did like the color & the looks, then after a full summer of using the bike, I took my time all winter looking for good deals on eBay, like my Fox RP2 NEW for $80!!!!
    My Fox Talas 32 for $350 NEW!!!! Race Face Crank for $125 NEW!!!!! & some other good parts for good prices, I think I have $1400 into the bike, but the difference is I did not put $1400 all in one shot, so it’s not so hard on the wallet so I think I did well.

P.S My LBS thinks im crazy, the guy that the fork alon is better then the frame but they still like me

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I got my RP2 off of ebay also. It was used, I think I paid like $60. The Rock Shox Tora I got off ebay also. Not sure what model it is, but it looks like a 2009 and it's supposedly new (we'll see when the FedEx guy delivers it today). It was $123 shipped.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

More Pictures

Hey!!! I wasnt to see more pictures of other Recoils I see its just 3 of us

Singletrack Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltoy View Post
    "Dave.......Dave, what are you doing Dave?" HAL

I would love to be able to buy a SoRTIe 2 or even a top end MiSSioN (Want the Hammerschmidt), but to pull back the dreaming here, the SoRTIe 2 is listed at $2200 most places?

I cannot vouch for the other RECOIL owners, however, for me the 2011 RECOIL cost me $533 shipped to my door.

The higher end parts, some of them I had just put on my hard-tail three months ago, and some like the FOX shock I was lucky to snag the deal. I have a little over $700+ in upgraded parts in the RECOIL. (90% of them new within the last four months and just transferred to my new bike from my old.)

So $533 + $700+ is only $1233+, a little over half the price of a SoRTIe 2.
    Well I have seen the Sortie on closeout or just a good sale like the 2 for 1500 and the 3 for 2000. Right now there is a 25% off clearance @ my work so the Sortie 1 2010 is @1000! and the M2 instock is 3400 on 1 week special for 2k! got 2 look for the deals. It is not just the suspension, drivetrains and better frames IMO too. But to each there own! I got bills and cars to fix too lol! Its all good, to each there own!

Well I have seen the Sortie on closeout or just a good sale like the 2 for 1500 and the 3 for 2000. Right now there is a 25% off clearance @ my work so the Sortie 1 2010 is @1000! and the M2 instock is 3400 on 1 week special for 2k! got 2 look for the deals. It is not just the suspension, drivetrains and better frames IMO too. But to each there own! I got bills and cars to fix too lol! Its all good, to each there own!
    Well, that is a good deal? I am is a broke arse cracker though....................

How about this, I will trade you my Recoil for your Mission?

There was a theme in my post as the other guys mentioned, I did not plop it all down at once and was a bargain hunter for most of the components.

........besides, I love to build things and make them my own: my Jeep, my bike, my house, my computer, my wife..........."sKuLLy made this"..............

I have all the tools, and I know every millimeter of my bike, that to me is as much fun as riding itself.

Diamondback should sell just the frame sets as other makers do. In my world I would probably just strip a new bike down and make it my own any-who. So for obsessive compulsive features like I have I could buy a Mission frame and build my own..........

Singletrack Slayer
    Well, that is a good deal? I am is a broke arse cracker though....................

How about this, I will trade you my Recoil for your Mission?

There was a theme in my post as the other guys mentioned, I did not plop it all down at once and was a bargain hunter for most of the components.

........besides, I love to build things and make them my own: my Jeep, my bike, my house, my computer, my wife..........."sKuLLy made this"..............

I have all the tools, and I know every millimeter of my bike, that to me is as much fun as riding itself.

Diamondback should sell just the frame sets as other makers do. In my world I would probably just strip a new bike down and make it my own any-who. So for obsessive compulsive features like I have I could buy a Mission frame and build my own..........
    This is all true, but usually you'll get a much better deal on a complete bike they way u want it then piece by piece,

DB has said they are going to sell frames soon!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Goodbye POS Suntour fork.... The Tora feels about 1/2-1 lb. lighter, but haven't had a chance to test it out yet, though. Didn't want to tire my legs out for the 5k I'm running tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-tora2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's mine, with a few upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Rat View Post
    Here's mine, with a few upgrades.
    NICE!

What is with the theme of the TORA fork? Is seems like everyone with a RECOIL upgrades with that fork (except for Ariel).

......I am going to go buy a Marzocchi now................juz 2 be different.
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 07-07-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markapuu View Post
    Goodbye POS Suntour fork.... The Tora feels about 1/2-1 lb. lighter, but haven't had a chance to test it out yet, though. Didn't want to tire my legs out for the 5k I'm running tomorrow.
    ???????? I believe the TORA is actually heavier?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    ???????? I believe the TORA is actually heavier?
    I don't have a scale, but the Tora is noticeably lighter just by feel.

What is with the theme of the TORA fork? Is seems like everyone with a RECOIL upgrades with that fork.
    I noticed that too, along with everyone having Fox Float shocks...... I guess I should have gotten a Marzocchi 22 R like I had originally planned.

Singletrack Slayer
    I would get a Recon or Reba if I were you, The Tora is still a begginer fork.. the Recon or Reba would be a big jump in weight, performance, adjustablity... I wouldn't get a low end Zoke IMO, Stick w RS or Fox IMO

I would get a Recon or Reba if I were you, The Tora is still a begginer fork.. the Recon or Reba would be a big jump in weight, performance, adjustability... I wouldn't get a low end Zoke IMO, Stick w RS or Fox IMO
    Well the TORA is a huge increase in quality and ride over a RST or Suntour

I picked my TORA up for $125 brand spanky new originally to replace the RST Capa on my Cannondale.

My goal was to save up and buy a nice FOX I can float around the different frames as I go along. Although I have been looking at a 2010 Marzocchi 55 RV (good feedback and reviews), I see them in many places for like $250 and then go for a new wheelset with a 20mm front axle. Going to a 160mm might make the bike geometry not so............although I need something pretty tough on my bike, as I ride it like in like I did when I was 13 and my BMX,

I hate this obsession with modification, just as addicting as my Jeep stuff, the wife never understands;

".......but honey this a much higher quality or better than what I have and I need it!"
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 07-07-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Man this stuff is addicting..................

Finally got around to changing my crank configuration. I was running a 1x9 for awhile, but with only a 32t front, it was smack dab in the middle no real high gears and no real lows. So I swapped out my 32t for a 36t and added a 24t granny. Had to change out the bash guard as my old one was only 32-34t. After going to the LBS twice as my chain-ring bolts were too long, finally got it on! I also upgraded to SRAM X.7 shifters 2x left and 9x right.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Bit of a bump here, and slightly offtopic, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Right now I have a Wally's World bike and it is nice (well, not really) for what I use it for, light trails and riding about 7-8 back and fourth road miles I ride every day. But for my next bike I am really wanting something all mountain full suspension. I have a 29er HT and it's nice and this Sat. I'm trying some nicer ones. However AM bikes seem to be the bike for my riding I want to do, still some nice easy enjoyable trails, but get more technical, and I love some good downhill runs. And they look cool, haha.

Now I know most FS below 1000$ arent the best, and I get what I pay for, etc., but the Recoil and Recoil Comp (both 2011) have caught my eye as something nice now, won't break the bank, and are very upgradable.Definatley going to be upgrading them as things break and/or I want better componets to upgrade to something that'll be pretty nice. Eventually maybe even try some 650B wheels, they seem like the perfect size to me.

I really think both look pretty good. There is no frame difference, so it may just be a better option to go with The Recoil and save the 65$ upfront. Not as good components, but still better than what I currently have, and as I said will be getting upgraded eventually. Will the stock coponents on The Recoil really be sufficient enough for beginer riding untill Im able/want to upgrade though, or should I pay the little extra upfront? It appaeras that The Comp has QR hubs where the regular Recoil does not? For me that'd be major weight towards buying The Comp.

So any insight from you guys? From the pics your modded Recoils all look like atleast 1000$ bikes, probalbly closer to 1500$ Those are definatly some pretty good componets on them.
    Last edited by Birddog07; 07-28-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast