Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!

136K views 463 replies 93 participants last post by  tdo636 
#1 ·
Recoil 2009, 90% upgrades, & soon I will make it a 9 speed 3X9 with Sram X7
I Love it
:thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#138 ·
Went for a short ride today, first real ride of the year, possibly for this bike. I forgot how bad that front pogo stick sucks, almost threw me off a few times, including what would have been a bad over the bars. Completely unsafe. I'm not a very skilled rider (had to walk it about 25% of the way), but that thing gives me now confidence. Very tiring too when I'm getting back on, push off to get a little momentum and onto the pedals, and the whole fork just compresses. I have no issue with the stock rear shock, it actually is quite nice from having never really ridden a full suspension bike. Think I had a bit too much pressure in for the trails (o ring only got about 3/4 down), but still it was nice.

Looking at picking up a 2014 Epicon with 120mm travel. Amazon.com : 2014-15 SR Suntour Epicon XC MTB Fork (26", 120mm, Remote Lockout, QR 9mm, White) : Sports & Outdoors

Brakes weren't too great either, but I'm pretty sure it's cause I can't adjust them correctly. Gonna try to take it into a shop to get everything adjusted, wheels trued, etc. when I get a new fork.

Attachments

#153 ·
Hey guys, so I'm finally getting around to try and install my new fork, but I'm having some issues with the headset. I'm talking about on the top and bottom of the frame's steer tube, there looks like what appear to be races from the old headset. Should these pieces hammer out so I can install my new headset, or should I just drop the new bearings in there because it really doesn't make a difference?

Wood Hardwood Black Wood stain Metal

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport Spoke

I opened up my fork the other day and couldn't extend in to 120mm either. The damn pin is just too much of a pain and I didn't want to risk breaking my brand new fork. Oh well.

#158 ·
Well, I decided to buy one of these even though nobody responded to me regarding the weight. I hope it doesn't weigh like a tank. I'm hoping to upgrade the components soon (as I raise the funds). First up, updating the rear shock. That coil shock looks really ineffective.

#163 ·
Well, I took it out for a spin last night after putting it together and I found it to be quite a comfortable ride. And, it didn't feel all that heavy, even with the subpar components that I currently have. Actually, I found it more comfortable than the $1,000+ Specialized Camber which I rode last month in Park City. Not bad for a $500 bike. I guess we'll have to see how it holds up on the rough stuff once I go on the mountain though.

#164 ·
Needing some more heap with my headset guys. The pusher came today and I hammered out the stock cups, but my new Cane Creek headset is too small for my head tube.

It doesn't look like I can hammer my headset in to the stock cups. Are there new cups I need to buy somewhere? My heatset fits perfectly on my steerer tube. I'm totally lost, I just want this to work already. :/

Finger Skin Nail Thumb Flesh

Finger Product Nail Circle Thumb

At least my fork is 120mm now. Took it to the shop and asked the guy if he could do it. Even he had a hard time getting the damn pin in and out. Gave him $5 for doing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.