Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    mtbr member

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366680743.674265.jpglook i bought this deore last of the 531 model used by shimano from 06-2010 it was the sane color of my recoil comp 2011 love it looks like its a part of the frame cause of the color!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by socalkev View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366680743.674265.jpg 
Views:	1163 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	793005look i bought this deore last of the 531 model used by shimano from 06-2010 it was the sane color of my recoil comp 2011 love it looks like its a part of the frame cause of the color!
    On my instructions it says shimano 2010 thats how i know this is the last model got it for 20$

mtbr member
    Please god shorten that shifter cable housing!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazamis View Post
    Please god shorten that shifter cable housing!
    i Did already turned out the holders that the cables run through snapped off so i put some zip tides in the slots where the cables ran through!

mtbr member
    Anyone with the 2013?

How are they?

mtbr member
    Hello all:
    New to the forum. I'd purchased my 2012 recoil a few months ago and was inspired by the upgrades many of you have made to yours, so I thought I would share what I've done with mine so far.

Shimano Ice Tech rotors
    Shimano Deore 596 Hydraulic brakes
    Shimano Revoshift shifters
    Rockshox Tora forks
    Rockshox S.I.D. Shock
    Planet Bike A.R.S.E. saddle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-image.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-image.jpg  

Last edited by Ksu515; 05-01-2014 at 07:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm hoping I can finish my ride for the fall. I don't want to post a pic until she's finished.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Just bought a Recoil Comp :)

Well, not much to see here, but I just bought a new 2011 Recoil Comp. I haven't been riding in almost two years, but I started getting the itch to hit some trails. I wanted a RC back as a step-up from Wally's World when I was starting to get into riding (even asked for some advice in this very thread), and the bike was still alluring to me. I was sad to see the 26 inch models get discontinued for 2013. Looking around everywhere on the internet, no 2012 or earlier models to be found at all. Then a couple of days ago, I stumbled upon a brand new in box 2011 RC on Ebay. Really, really, wanted it, and now I will have it. The price probably wasn't the best deal, maybe $50-100 too much, but nothing else could be found. Free UPS Ground shipping though at least.

I'll be on vacation next week when it gets here, but I can't wait to get back and finally have my brand new Comp. Ordered some Oury lock on grips from Jenson USA.

Eventually I'd like to fully upgrade it, the upgradability of bike is why I wanted it so much. Don't know in what order, but after all the first little bits (seat, stem, bars, pedals, etc), I plan on a 3x9 Deore drivetrain and Avid Elixir brakes. Not sure on suspension yet, but I'd like 120mm front and rear travel, maybe 130mm if that's not too much frame stress. Hopefully next summer I'll be able to take it to the resort and ride some of the basic-intermediate trails too.

mtbr member
    Just like my Rear Derealleiur is a Deore 3x9

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Finally got my Comp today. Looks amazing and is great quality. Put on the white Oury lock on grips and man do they look good. Going to try to take it to the LBS for a tune tomorrow (and most importantly get my rear shock aired, which bottoms out by just sitting on the seat) and hopefully this weekend I can put some miles on it.

Few things off the bat I'm ordering are a WTB Speed V Comp seat, black seat clamp (the gold looks bad and out of place I think), and a Race Face bash guard to replace the big crank ring which I never really use and has already gave me a nice gash.

First major thing I'm gonna upgrade is gonna be either the brakes or the fork, they don't seem bad, but could be a nice improvement and I'd like 120mm air fork with hydraulic brakes. Could the rear shock travel be extended 20mm with a new fork?

Really I don't realistically think I'll do much other than that. I'd like some WTB FX28 wheels and Deore or X7 drivetrain, but certainly not needed I think. The stock wheels are damn sexy too (and not too bad quality either)

mtbr member
    Are you gonna post up Photos? cause on mine i updated the Rear D to a Deore from a Alivio! and the seat clamp i got it this past sunday from a Giant FS bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes I will haha. All stock though at the moment, nothing to really see.

mtbr member

mine looks almost like the sortie black hahahahhaha

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Finally got my shock pump today, so I set up my rear shock and put on my seat. I think I have the rear shock setup correctly, about 20% of the total travel. Feels amazing, can't feel bumps at all. That's just from putting around my driveway though. The fork is a different story, put the bogo stick will suffice until I can buy a decent entry level air fork (have been looking at the Epicon, which is pretty nice I read). Also got some white CroMo QR skewers. Looks good and adds a little strength. Brakes are nice, but I'll eventually be upgrading to hydraulics for better feel and stopping power.

Pics (click for bigger image)

Still waiting on my black seat tube QR and a chainring nut wrench to put on my bash guard and make it a 2x8 speed. Found some decent white pedals and a Race Face Ride stem for cheap, so I'll be putting those on too. Hopefully will be able to hit some trails tomorrow.

mtbr member

mtbr member

mtbr member

Broken Pivot Bolt

Just a little warning to my fellow Recoil owners.

So about 6 weeks ago I decided to inspect and clean the pivot on my 2011 Recoil. I tried to remove the main pivot bolt and axle, but the bolt was really stuck,, should have stopped there but......well I cranked on that sucker and sheared the head off the bolt. I was disappointed but oh well, DB should have a bolt no problem, off to performance I went (next door to work luckily), 3 weeks and 60 bucks later I received a bolt kit from DB / Kinesis, looked different, but what the...... I'll give it try. Wrong bolt kit, its for the new 29er Recoils. Back to Performance, one week later the next package arrived, DB sent a whole 2012 Recoil to take the part I needed ( Thanks DB), unfortunately same problem the bolt stripped. One week later I was told I was out of luck as that was the last 2012 frame DB had and the bolts are unavailable.

So today drilled out the bolt threads from the axle and made trip to the hardware store, works but looks funky but that is best I could do for now. I 'll have to keep an eye out for the bolt kits on Ebay or elsewhere on the web.

mtbr member

Update on Broken Pivot Bolt

Update on the broken pivot bolt.I went to Performance to pick up a shifter cable when they told me "oh, you here to pick up tour bolt?" , apparently DB (Thanks DB) came through with a pivot bolt and axle and Performance (Thanks, bought a bunch of stuff for later) passed it on to me for free. So my recoil is back to original without the ugly Hex bolt in the pics above.

I also added a Joplin 3 dropper post and replaced my 2011 Suntour Epicon with a 2012 Suntour Axon RC Carbon, overall weight is down to to 27 lb from 27.5 lb even with heavier seat post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-102_1062.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-dscn7271.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-dscn7273.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-dscn7276.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-102_1075.jpg  

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-102_1056.jpg  

Last edited by Cobra8d; 11-17-2013 at 04:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Anyone Interested on Buying the Recoil Comp 2011? I saw one for sale in Arleta CA for 450 OBO! Diamondback Recoil Comp XC Full Suspension Mountain Bike the guy selling it also has a craigslist if your interested!

mtbr member
    Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-img_0740.jpgYour Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-img_0386.jpgYour Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-img_0385.jpg

this is my 2011 Diamond Back Recoil with some upgrades, rides and climbs good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!-img_0739.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I want to change my fork, but I have no idea what are the measures to be taken to secure it, I got a fork rock shox discounts but idk if it would stay this fork

rock shox recon gold

Bike Type: trail, AM
    Wheel Size: 26 "
    Steerer Diameter: 1.5 "
    Steerer Length: 265mm
    Brake Compatibility: Disc
    Travel: 120mm
    Adjustments: lockout, rebound control adjust air pressure
    Stanchion diameter: 32mm
    Dropouts / axle type: 9mm dropout
    Hub Spacing: 100mm
    Crown Race Diameter: 40mm
    Color: black / blue
    Weight: 3.5 lb

mtbr member
    The fork you're looking at has a 1.5 " steerer tube, you need a 1 1/8" steerer for the recoil.

All the other specs would work with a stock recoil , just find a fork with 1 1/8" steerer.

mtbr member
    how do you like the new suntour fork?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast