Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Your Recoil Pictures, Lets see them all!!!

136K views 463 replies 93 participants last post by  tdo636 
#1 ·
Recoil 2009, 90% upgrades, & soon I will make it a 9 speed 3X9 with Sram X7
I Love it
:thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#380 · (Edited)
Tapered fork

Here's mine, she's a work in progress. Looking to replace all the components over the winter.

Upgrades:
Easton EA70 low-rise handlebar
ODI Rogue Grips
Kore Elite 110mm Stem
Cane Creek 40 series ZS Headset
X-Fusion Velvet RL
Fox Float RP2
Hey DaddioDan, is that a tapered fork? I was wondering if you could let me know exactly which headset you used? It's tough to find straight forks these days. Thanks!

This post has been deleted
#99 ·
Just bought one!

Great Thread!
I just got mine used via a local Craigslist type site. $325 and it looks brand new!

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar

Its still mostly stock. The only thing I changed is the cockpit. I put in spds, barends, a speedo and gripshifts (because I've been using twists for forever and I'm too old to change!).

I noticed that no one is swapping wheels. Maybe its me, but don't the stock wheels seem awful heavy? I ask as this is my first full suspension and my first set of disc brakes.

Oh, I also cleaned up my speedo install with heat shrink. See
Clean and classy Bike speedometer installation
for how I did it.

#106 · (Edited)
Hello all:
New to the forum. I'd purchased my 2012 recoil a few months ago and was inspired by the upgrades many of you have made to yours, so I thought I would share what I've done with mine so far.

Shimano Ice Tech rotors
Shimano Deore 596 Hydraulic brakes
Shimano Revoshift shifters
Rockshox Tora forks
Rockshox S.I.D. Shock
Planet Bike A.R.S.E. saddle

Attachments

#108 ·
Just bought a Recoil Comp :)

Well, not much to see here, but I just bought a new 2011 Recoil Comp. :) I haven't been riding in almost two years, but I started getting the itch to hit some trails. I wanted a RC back as a step-up from Wally's World when I was starting to get into riding (even asked for some advice in this very thread), and the bike was still alluring to me. I was sad to see the 26 inch models get discontinued for 2013. Looking around everywhere on the internet, no 2012 or earlier models to be found at all. Then a couple of days ago, I stumbled upon a brand new in box 2011 RC on Ebay. Really, really, wanted it, and now I will have it. :D The price probably wasn't the best deal, maybe $50-100 too much, but nothing else could be found. Free UPS Ground shipping though at least.

I'll be on vacation next week when it gets here, but I can't wait to get back and finally have my brand new Comp. Ordered some Oury lock on grips from Jenson USA.

Eventually I'd like to fully upgrade it, the upgradability of bike is why I wanted it so much. Don't know in what order, but after all the first little bits (seat, stem, bars, pedals, etc), I plan on a 3x9 Deore drivetrain and Avid Elixir brakes. Not sure on suspension yet, but I'd like 120mm front and rear travel, maybe 130mm if that's not too much frame stress. Hopefully next summer I'll be able to take it to the resort and ride some of the basic-intermediate trails too. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.