Thread: xts moto

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

xts moto

I need a solid trail bike, but where I live there is no real justification for a dual crown fork. I can get diamondbacks for a steal and want to switch out the jr.t for a five inch fork (z1, sherman, etc). Does anyone with more experience have an idea how this will work out. I have dealt with the 03 xts and it had a psylo on the front, so I figure it won't be a problem. I don't want a bike that weighs over 40 lbs either. Any thoughts on this?

Keep The Rubber Side Down

Me Thinks...

Quote Originally Posted by welcomdmat
    I need a solid trail bike, but where I live there is no real justification for a dual crown fork. I can get diamondbacks for a steal and want to switch out the jr.t for a five inch fork (z1, sherman, etc). Does anyone with more experience have an idea how this will work out. I have dealt with the 03 xts and it had a psylo on the front, so I figure it won't be a problem. I don't want a bike that weighs over 40 lbs either. Any thoughts on this?
    That changing the front fork will change the geometry in some way by having everying aiming lower.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow
    That changing the front fork will change the geometry in some way by having everying aiming lower.
    The geometry could be an issue if you leave the suspension in the 6.5" travel position but that frame has the option to drop the travel on the rear to 5.5" which will work fine w/ those forks. but the shorter travel rear compared to the front wont be a huge deal just could be a little wierd feeling going down steep descents