Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

would you ever buy this Raleigh?

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BlueSid 
#1 ·
I'm not sure where to post this question, so I'll try here first.
I've never thought about buying a bike from anywhere but a bike shop but now this seemingly decent bike came up. Would anyone buy a Raleigh Adrenaline? website
pic
It actually seems lighter and more durable than anything else in its price range from Specialized, Trek or anything. Is this a totally junk bike or a decent entry level rider?

#2 ·
I actually used to work in a shop that sold RALEIGH bikes here in Canada. In general the bikes in Canada cannot be confused with the ones in the US. Welds are ugly (robot welders?). Most guys I knew that ever bought one that seriously rode had just picked up a nice frame and were looking for parts. At one time it was cheaper to buy the Raleigh with XT spec than to purchase the XT kit alone.

So....would I buy it? No. I would not. Just my opinion though!

#3 ·
duncanmx said:
I actually used to work in a shop that sold RALEIGH bikes here in Canada. In general the bikes in Canada cannot be confused with the ones in the US. Welds are ugly (robot welders?). Most guys I knew that ever bought one that seriously rode had just picked up a nice frame and were looking for parts. At one time it was cheaper to buy the Raleigh with XT spec than to purchase the XT kit alone.

So....would I buy it? No. I would not. Just my opinion though!
It really depends how you intend to ride. Still, Raleigh in Canada is more of a department store brand than in the US. Looking at this bike specifically--iIt looks to be the exact same frame as the KHS 204 that they sell at Jenson for 269 USD. Spec wise it is poor, but like you said, compared to others at that price range, it's really not that bad. Looks like it has Alivio cranks and FD which is pretty nice entry level stuff. Then again, it has a department store screaming Tourny rear derailleur. I've never seen the frame myself, but it looks like KHS specs it as an entry-mid range FS (way way higher than Raleigh) which may or may not say something about the quality of the frame.

#4 ·
Raleigh America and Raleigh UK are seperate and Raleigh America will not warranty any of Raleigh UK's bikes, so when you are thinking it is a good deal just keep in mind that you have no warranty on parts, frames or labor unless you send it to a Raleigh dealer in Europe. I would consider buying from your local Raleigh shop, the few extra bucks you spend will be worth it in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.