Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dagmac View Post
    Hello Deslock. Where you buy ityour Diamondbacks? On line?

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Online.

See other thread for Catch 2 details.

Found the 2015 Interval Carbon on Ebay. The listing mentions free shipping if you buy directly from their website (only small and medium available).

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Bought a 27.5 Overdrive off Amazon after jumping back into riding. Loved it for what it is. Got the itch to upgrade and sold it to a buddy who is also getting back in the game. Have an Overdrive Comp on the way!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Ordered a Release 1 last night. Should be here next week.

Why?

- Good reviews of the platform. Not "best bike of all time" but most praise it to be a good climber for what it is (150/130 trail/AM bike) and a very fun descender.
    - I could sit on one at local REI to confirm size. (I'm lucky to live in Denver where REI actually carries their nicer bikes.)
    - Entry level component spec looks "good enough" (Yari/Monarch Debonair/2x Sram GX/Hydro brakes) for someone who is not racing or getting insanely aggressive on the downhill. And you get the same frame and wheel set across the builds.
    - The Big One: Value and Price. DB's corporate discount is huge and available to many of us government employees. This made it a bike I could buy now rather than waiting until winter (when I get distracted by skiing.)
    - I wanted to buy new, FS, ~150mm trail bike. New for warranty issues and modern tech. Because of the price, DB was possible. Otherwise I'd be looking at 2-3 year old used bikes for a similar price.

and finally...

- My current 1995 hardtail is a DBR Axis Ti. Not really brand loyal but it's a cool perk.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Just an FYI but if anyone has a 3point5 or Perksatwork.com account all of the diamond back bikes are 50%.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Bang for buck, spec for dollar. I also have a corporate perks discount at my work and the pricing is good. Diamondback has a decent line up from entry hard tails to down hill rides and they have several specs to cover most riders needs. I can get a basic hard tail 29r for $360 delivered, when similar bikes are closer to $500 mark at local bike shop. We have an atroz comp and a mission 1 in our stable and been happy with them. If your considering a mission, what are you waiting for? Great all mountain ride and has been putting up my 250lbs on the trail and local dirt jumps. The atroz has had a few warranty claims ( more from abuse on my sons part vs a quality issue), but diamond back has gone above and beyond in my customer service situations.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Honestly, I'm really not sure...

When I decided I wanted to buy a full suspension bike for trail riding, the brand Diamondback was just kind of in the back of my mind for some reason. Did some research and landed on the 2011 Mission 1. I got it in 2012 on Amazon for a little under $1900 after tax. I believe it retailed for $2400 when it was brand new.

I still have it and it has only done me well. Just started getting into DH park riding and its still holding up just fine. All I did was upgrade to a shorter 50mm stem and wider bars for better control. Oh and also threw a dropper post on it for convenience.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Recently bought a 2016 DB Hook. Like everyone else the price caught my eye and I just wanted a decent entry level bike. I got what I paid for and now I'm looking to upgrade a bunch of parts. Which, I don't actually mind. Gives me reason to find out more about bikes (mechanically and geometrically). So far I haven't done a lot of upgrades but if anyone would like me to if be happy to post about them. I've taken it to a few trails here around NC. No matter how painful it is to be riding up and down a trail with an 8-speed it's still a bunch of fun and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    For me, price and recommendations. Also, available on Amazon (I had credit from a past fiasco).

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I bought a Diamondback Atroz Comp full suspension bike about 4 months ago.. I got into this sport in Jan and did not want to break the bank on my new interest. I was told I could not get a decent full suspension bike for under $3000 by all. I paid $1300 shipped from American Bike Company. I love this bike.I am not embarrassed at all at the trails. In fact I get plenty of compliments. This bike is the best bang for the buck out there and I could care less about resale value.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Bang for the Buck!

I've been searching for a newer 29er to replace my old 26er. I'm from the old school and I usually like to have all XT. But with the current trend of superbike prices, the average price of a bike spec'd like this will run around $3000 or more. So I was forced to look at lower spec'd, but quality, bikes to stay within a reasonable budget. I found a great deal on a 2015 Overdrive Pro with SLX cranks, shifters, XT rear derailleur, and Deore hydro brakes. But, what initially caught my attention and attracted me to the bike was the fastback style shape of the frame. It looks like the Intense Hard Eddie frame. I loved that classic rounded top tube to rear stays shape! That was the hook. But then I noticed all you got in the specs for the price. It also comes with a so so Fox 32 Evo fork, but I should be able to upgrade the damper. The wheels also will eventually need to be replaced with something lighter, but that's OK for $1000. You can't beat that deal!

DB has been around for a while. I remember when they were boutique with the BMX scene in the 80's. In order to stay alive, they had to sell cheaper bikes to the big box stores. Its not like you're going to sell a million $5000 bikes to the general public. Mongoose did the same thing, but they don't have nearly as many high end bikes available.

All these frames are made in some factory(s) in China anyway so it does not bothered at all by seeing a DB in Walmart. I appreciate them for making a great bike at an affordable price. The big bike manufactures have lost their minds with current pricing. This Overdrive may not be the lightest or have all the latest features like internal cable routing, BOOST spacing, and convertible dropouts, but its a quality bike that should last a long time and is upgradeable. There are people out there who love bikes and mountain biking who cannot justify or afford to spend $3000 to $5000 on a bike. At this price, even if I don't love the bike, I can swap the parts to a new frame. You really can't loose.

So, that's why I'm ordering a DB Overdrive Pro. Best bang for the buck!
    Last edited by shwndh; 1 Week Ago at 10:07 PM. Reason: additional details

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    It was cheap and it was a mountain bike.
    2003(ish) Vectra Sport.
    Why did you buy a Diamondback?-20130418-113337-228-db-vectra.jpg
    It also put me off mtb'ing for several years as it was too light in the front for seated climbing.

But as a single speed with SiD Race forks, carbon bars, oval ring, tubeless rims and tyres, XT hydro brakes...
    Yeah baby!
    Why did you buy a Diamondback?-20160220_133604.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123