Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    I got my because the overall quality in my opinion was better than what other models were in it's class. The frame build was what sold me I know the components aren't meant for hard riding which was perfect for me cause it's more of a commuter bike than trail bike. And if your patient and look you can find upgraded components at great prices.

mtbr member
    I bought mine because it was cheap. I don't care about bells and whistles. Whatever breaks gets replaced with better spec. The frame welds were perfect. I've seen other bikes more expensive with worse welds. I admit I did everything possible not to buy one but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I've changed everything but the wheels and frame and it's a great bike. Besides like everything else now a days the bikes are all made in the same factory most likely so it didn't really matter to me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Re: Why did you buy a Diamondback?

Bought my Overdrive because it was cheap & I was broke. Wanted something to ride. Rode it for awile then parked it. Didn't live in a area good gor cycling.
    last year I moved. MUCH better area for cycling & mtb riding.

I cracked the frame on that bike. My Warranty thread. This is the bike Diamondback replaced with.

I do like the new bike but wish it had SRAM instead of Shimano. Mostly I do not like integrated shifters and brake levers. Entry level SRAM X4 just seemed to work better shifting than Acera.

But it gets me on the trails grinning like a lunatic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Are you going to swap out the shimano for sram?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Maybe. Just going to ride the snot out of it. Need to pay a few bills off then change the fork.

Oh, the brakes are Promax not the Tektro speced on website. Still does the job and I do have a new set of BB7s to swap out

mtbr member
    Oh ok got ya I hear you on the paying bills part!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I bought my 2011 Recoil Comp as my first real mountain bike, with full suspension at that. Its a good frame to slowly upgrade on, and not a lot of people own them either, so it is slightly unique. I haven't been riding all too much this summer, because I needed money to upgrade the pogo stick of death fork. Have a SR Suntour Epicon in the mail which I plan on using 120mm travel. I'll hopefully live in Utah next year, which is going to be some really good riding (I'll just have to watch for those pesky rattlers). Eventually I plan on having a nice little 1x10 trail bike that would probably retail for around $1,200-1500

Eventually I'd love to get into downhill/freeride style riding (I already pretty much the down parts of trails) and I would love to buy a upper Mission or Scapegoat once my riding abilities of that type riding outgrow my Recoil Comp (so, after I master beginner trails basically)

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Because $500 for brand new 2011 Scapegoat frame.....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Money

I bought my used 2011 sortie 29er 1 frame/fox fork/+ a few extras off ebay for the same price I would have paid just for a comparable frame from one of the big names. I've had it for 2 years now and it is still joy to ride. 75% of the bikes around here a Trek, specialized, or cannondale so it is kind of cool to have something different.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Why did you buy a Diamondback?

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Bought my Overdrive because it was cheap & I was broke. Wanted something to ride. Rode it for awile then parked it. Didn't live in a area good gor cycling.
    last year I moved. MUCH better area for cycling & mtb riding.

I cracked the frame on that bike. My Warranty thread. This is the bike Diamondback replaced with.

I do like the new bike but wish it had SRAM instead of Shimano. Mostly I do not like integrated shifters and brake levers. Entry level SRAM X4 just seemed to work better shifting than Acera.

But it gets me on the trails grinning like a lunatic.

Totally agree with you on the sram stuff...I switched out my Altus stuff to all sram x4 components, it's like night and day, and I know the x4 stuff is entry level, but I haven't had an issue with it yet, and I've romped it pretty hard lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3