mtbr member

whats it worth??

i have a friend that bought a 2011 mission 4,
    i dont want to go into details but he has to sell the bike and offered me a great price- however i dont want another db-

i have a sortie 3 and a santa cruz- i would like to use the m4 parts on my santa cruz- then move my santa cruz parts over to the sortie- so i will have no use for the frame- and other parts

question is......... how much would a brand new {or next to) frame/parts go for if i sold them?

m4 frame sell for- with shock and headset?
    how about the hammer s crank?
    wheels? (i like my havens)

everything else i would like to keep for the other bikes- if i dont get much for the parts i may just buy the bike and enjoy it

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I just bought a brand new 2011 Mission 3 frame with Shock and Headset for $450 about a week ago on eBay, but I saw at least one other M3 frame listed at about $600 and I think it ended up selling. I'd say I got a damn good deal at $450 though...you could definitely sell it higher like the other frame I saw.

HammerSchmidt typically goes for 550-600+ brand new from factory, so I'd imagine almost-new condition resell price for one to be a little below that...used-condition, not sure, but you could estimate based on the "new" price.

Don't know on the wheels though...

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Bell you must have bought the ano brown before I did, it wasn't on there long! I got the same deal 450 AND free shipping but he sold me an 11 'M2 instead. How long did it take for you to get it?
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Shiba- Yea, he had another M3 on sale at the start of July but I missed out on that one myself...my dumb self "slept on it" and it was gone the next day. So when I saw another come up for that price last week, I clicked the Buy Now button right then and there, haha.

Glad you were able to get a frame for yourself at that price though, was practically a steal! I ordered on that Friday and had it by the following Wednesday, so fast shipping too!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Rock on! Can't wait to get it built up! That brown ano is was first choice though
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member

I would think the frame could fetch $500 easy

Having bought ($350) and later sold ($325-ish) a 2008 Mission 3 frame, I have some knowledge of all things Mission. While not an expert, I definitely watched and shopped a bunch for Mission prices....

BTW - I sold my 2008 Mission 3 frame and bought a near new (~10 rides) 2010 Sortie black Frame for $500 on The Bay of E. Moved all parts from the Mission to the Sortie which had better geometry for my style and is considerably lighter.

Given that the 2011 Missions are far better (lighter, beefier) than the 2008, I'd expect you could get $500-ish or more for one in primo condition. I have seen new 2010 Mission frames go for $600 on Ebay (I know, because I thought hard about it).

Singletrack Slayer
    Frame/ headset/ seatclamp/ could fetch ~$650

Hammerschmidt new could get $~450

Wheels could get $600-800ish,

IMO I would keep Crossmax ST over Eastons. Personally experience with both, Easton hubs aren't as durable as Mavics. I think Eastons are nice but having maintainced them they are a pain to work on sometimes; and I don't think they can beat Mavics durablity and performance IMO. Mavics are like women, expensive and high maintaince, lol, worth it. I love my ST's and SLR's

I like Mavic....
    -spokes may run $5-8 a piece, but that includes a nipple. Easy to replace and true up. really don't have to remove discbrake rotor or cassette to change a spoke.
    - Strong wheelset and superlight, stays in true and are very reliable.
    - freehub is easy to service and if done every couple months can be a easy 15 min job
    - I use Hubdoctor bushing upgrades and get new Enduro bearings and they roll nice
    - UST rims is the best Tubeless bead IMO too
    - They look nice too
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~