mtbr member
    Feb 2010

What is going on with diamondback?

The response line is different for 2013. There is no 2 different colors to choose from. There is no response comp? There is base response, an xe with disc brakes.. not bad for 399 and now a response 29er that is cheap as heck. I always thought the response line offered buyers some options. What is the difference between the response 29er and the overdrive?

Any help would be great.
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I bought a response xe 26" from DSG several months ago to get back into mtn biking, was big into it when I was in college. I had a 700+ dollar nishiki back in the early 90's and rode it everywhere for years, it was all I had. I picked my response up for 379 bucks and have ridden it alot. Rail trails, rugged yet mild single track and greenways, bones getting older so I think the response will serve me well. Not gonna get too aggressive. To me its a much better bike than that semi expsensive nishiki chro mo rigid i had. I wish the forks locked out but other than that its great. looked at the 29'er but I'm a short guy so I went with a 26. Can't speak the 29'er overdrive differences but I love my response its black and silver