Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: warranty

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

warranty

Anyone had to deal with Diamondback on a warranty claim?
    I cracked my frame along the weld at the down tube and bottom bracket. Took it to the shop where I bought the bike to verify and submit the claim.
    It has now been 4 weeks and still no word from Diamondback.
    Getting annoying. Missing out on some good riding. Been making due with my new road bike (not a Diamondback) but miss the dirt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    No help here ,but do you have a pic?

Best of luck,

Bart

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    No, no pic. Didn't bother since I was taking it to the shop

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Your best bet is going to a shop. They will be able to contact a rep directly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Read my first post.
    Thats exactly what I did.
    They still have the bike.
    Last saturday was 4 weeks exactly since I brought it in.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Did you pay with a credit card? Tell your shop you're thinking about disputing the charge. Shops are in a tough spot, but that's the leverage you have.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Read my first post.
    Thats exactly what I did.
    They still have the bike.
    Last saturday was 4 weeks exactly since I brought it in.
    Sorry dude, missed that. I have contact info from a warranty claim on my sortie ill see if i can dig it up for you. I know there was a Diamondback Rep on this site a few months ago I would do a search.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    All good Ronnie.

Bike is a '11 model, bought it in '10 so cc dispute won't do anything.
    Been calling every Tuesday for update as thats when i know the manager/owner is in. Gonna check again tomorrow. Shop is 1.5hr drive away (I moved last year) so I can't really just drop on by

{Believeland}
    Sorry to hear about your bike, man. I actually came here to see about the same thing. Just cracked me 2011 Mission over the weekend. There is no shops that carry DB around here and I bought it straight through the company when I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods, this thread is making me nervous. Here's a pic of my handy work:

warranty-cracked-frame.jpg
    ride fast.... live slow

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hey so I did a search, a guy named Knuckle Box claims to be a diamondback marketing rep. I mean its worth a try to PM him to see whats up. We sell diamondback at the store here in VA I shot the Diamondback guy an email asking whats up with warranty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Whacked,

What model is your bike?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    2011 overdrive. Basic model, paid just under 5 bills for it. Up until the frame cracked I loved the hell out of the bike. Bought (havent installed) BB7 to replace the tektro, got a raise so was going to use the loyalty program to upgrade forks to Raidon. So wierd. I dont huck, keep both wheels on the ground. Things look a bit sketchy I'll HAB (not 20 anymore and medical bills are high enough) . Only thing I can think of. A Saturday ride headed back on a R2T I briefly tried manuals over Small objects.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Oops. But really. The R2T was pretty smooth. Hikers & runners & families are frequent on that stretch. Next day I rode on pavement and frame was creaking like crazy and afterwards I noticed the crack. Weekend after I drove it down to shop

mtbr member
    So the bike shop has the bike still? Really? And they have no word back from Diamondback? I have had to deal with Diamondback directly in the past and they have been stand up awesome in helping me. Not that I think you should circumvent the dealer, I worked at a shop years ago I know this is the killer season right now- very busy, but Diamondback is pretty good at servicing customers.

Good luck for sure.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    When I got my bike it had a bent rotor and I called the number on their webpage and had them transfer me to warranty department. They were super helpful sent me a brand new rotor in the mail for free.

It can't hurt to give them a call, explain the situation and tell them the dealer you brought it to. Maybe they will then call your bike shop and expedite things. Dude on the phone with me couldn't have been nicer.

If you have a question or concern that could not be addressed and / or resolved at your local authorized Diamondback dealer, and you live within the United States, give us a call at 1-800-222-5527 and ask for customer service or send us some snail mail using the address above

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'd go straight to DB too, and emphasize the bike shop has been stalling for a month. Also, keep harassing the bike shop. Keep calling and annoying them. Are you able to assemble the bike yourself if DB shipped you a frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just called the shop. Pics have been sent with multiple emails but no word from Diamondback.
    If needed have tools & skills to assemble myself exception of special items like facing headset (don't have tools for that)

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Regardless of what they did at the shop cant hurt to call and tell them the shop sent the stuff and hasn't gotten a response.

mtbr member
    Agreed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Fingers crossed altho I really dont expect much with a 3 day weekend coming up.
    Called Diamondback. CS took shop and my phone # and said will look into it.

Missing out on some trail time with this problem. Getting some cycling time in but on pavement, fun but not as fun and definitely better than the couch.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I've had nothing but the best service from DB.

I would have called Accell (Raleigh/Diamondback/LaPierre). Ask for Customer Service/Warranty. And if they said, "Take it back to the shop and they can create an RA#, etc. Then I would have done that. Now you have to contact them, and try to find out if they have the RA# in their system from the bike shop you brought your bike to.
    Bike Doctor

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Website said to take warrenty claims (and fully assembled bike) to a authorized dealer. That is what I did.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Ok, so now what?
    Bike Doctor

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Re: warranty

At lunch today I called the shop. They said that they called diamondback earlier and a complete new bike will be sent to replace mine. Swap my ergons, SPDs, saddle and I should get it next week, depending when diamondback actually ships the bike.

This Saturday it will be 6 weeks since I dropped the bike off at the shop.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    UPDATE:
    Just received a phone call from the shop.
    My new bike is in, assembled, and ready for me to pick it up.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon/evening to do so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast