Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    my 09 sport. only stock parts are bars, grips, N front derailleur.
    Looks sweet.. Now go get it DIRTY!
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    my 09 sport. only stock parts are bars, grips, N front derailleur.

WOW!!! That is just SEXY....
    Love the look of a white bike all hopped up.. Great job.
    Can you give a Noobie some specs?
    Teach me the way..

Murder for hire
    Quote Originally Posted by DBnoob
    WOW!!! That is just SEXY....
    Love the look of a white bike all hopped up.. Great job.
    Can you give a Noobie some specs?
    im to lazy to list the specs, but heres a link to a you tube video i posted last dec.. it list the spec..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27MkqGnB7H8
    "Nuke'em!"

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    I too own the DB (2010) sport.. an I think the frame is completely worthy of the upgrades you made!

mtbr member
    Even better then a list thanks. I can't wait to upgrade but need to get the wife a bike first then its on..
    Teach me the way..

mtbr member
    Sweeet

mtbr member
    I'll post pics tomorrow of my '10 DB Response Sport.. What a nice ride this bike is..

mtbr member
    I just installed a Cateye lastnight and have 9.3 miles so far just intown. Find myself acting like a kid and hoping or jumping off anything I come acrossed. Wheeling the cracks as a measurement..lol It seems to be the perfect bike for me..
    Iboated, get them up already..
    Teach me the way..

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    DB Response is a great bike! LOVE mine!!

mtbr member

Here She Is..

Teach me the way..

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    ^^^^Very Nice^^^^

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Great bike bro!

mtbr member
    Hey thanks guys, same to you..lol
    I just can't seem to stay off it. Just got home from work and going to head out to work on climbing. Hope to make it a few miles before I poop out..lol
    Teach me the way..

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNeiles
    Got a fork upgrade on mine
    David, what do you think the longest travel fork the 2010 frame can handle?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm A vague review

Ok, so here are some thoughts and comments on my 2010 DB Response Comp now that i've put it through a whole summer season and most of a fall season of riding. The Rock Shox Tora 302 coil fork is an AMAZING fork for being a stock spec on a bike in this price range. I have ridden it at soft and hard setups throughout the season to see what worked best for me. The fork eats every thing you throw at it. Keep in mind that I use my bike for heavy, fast xc, all mountain, and light free ride use. I've even gone through some gentle dh runs too with 5' drops. The bb5 mech brakes, and avid roundagon rotors absolutely sucked! Went through two sets of bb5 caliper sets before avid upgraded me. (amazing customer support!) the roundagon rotors heated up way too quickly and faded out on some dh sections. I upgraded my crankset to an SLX 24/36/bash (great choice for this bike's purpose) just yesterday, the spider on my rear casette fell apart.. Two of the three spider pins broke and I couldn't get it to shift right through the rest of the trail. Now, I had upgraded to a mavic xm117rim/shimano m525 hub wheelset, and the stock wheels are better! They are a tad heavier, but they're stronger when you use good spoke tension. Um... My stock headset broke, which DB replaced very quickly! (again, awesome customer support) overall, I'm very happy with the bike! It's a great training bike. I may take it to a race eventually as well once I get a clipless system. I'm also going to convert to single speed for the winter season at rays indoor mtb park. Can't wait! I'll post comments on that once I have some experience on the bike as a ss.
    P.S. - I also changed both tires from the Kenda Klaw XT stock tires to a WTB Moto Raptor 26x2.24 rear tire and a WTB Stout 26x2.3 front tire, and oh man... what a change! Those Klaws still had some meat left on them, but I pitched them after seeing the difference. These WTB tires are phenomenal, and allow me to get sideways in some of the bermed turns I've hit. Reminds me of my DH days in high school (which I miss, SO much!) I highly recommend anyone who is still riding with the Kenda Klaw XT tires to upgrade! My buddy has Kenda Excavators on his rig, and those are great tires, as well as the Nevegals. Nevegals tend to roll a little slower then Excavators do in my experience, but I've heard Nevegals are better in looser terrain. I have no experience on the matter though, except for the one ride I had on my buddy's rig. But, so far I'm hooked on these WTBs. I'm very interested in putting one of their new Bronson 2.3's on the rear, but we'll see. I may use one of those to replace this Stout once it goes bad.
    Last edited by Dagair002; 11-11-2010 at 06:42 AM.

Singletrack Slayer
    sturmruger - Nice bike
    Dagair002 - Nice review, I always say to ditch those tires asap! lol You see what I mean. I Love Kenda Nevagals,2.1 or 2.3, by far the fastest, best handling tire I've had, compared to a lot of tires. I too love the WTB Motoraptors, I have the same 2.24 Kevlar Motorator and love it. Those avid rotors are crappy and the Avid clean sweeps are the way to go, I love 7 or 8 in rotors!

This is now my friends sub 26lbs Response Custom. Really cool bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgraded DB Response! Post your pics!-dsc01841.jpg  

Upgraded DB Response! Post your pics!-dsc01840.jpg  

~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    i like the 09 sport you have there. once i get the mission project where i want it i'm gonna build my 09 sport up.

Murder for hire
    "Nuke'em!"

mtbr member
    2010 Response. This is my Greenway riding, pull a trailer, easy trail bike. Just upgraded the seat (not in the 1st pic), and put some black reflective stickers on so I dont get smashed by a car since it mostly gets ridden at night in the city.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgraded DB Response! Post your pics!-dbtroy.jpg  

Upgraded DB Response! Post your pics!-dbijams.jpg  

Troy
    Knoxville, TN
    2013 Santa Cruz Tallboy
    2012 Specialized Carve 29er

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Response XE. Only modification right now is a set of DK Distortion pedals. Big improvement over stock!

I am just getting back into riding bikes and I am having a blast on this bike. Who says you need to spend thousands on a bike to have fun?!

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by ksphar
    Response XE. Only modification right now is a set of DK Distortion pedals. Big improvement over stock!

I am just getting back into riding bikes and I am having a blast on this bike. Who says you need to spend thousands on a bike to have fun?!

Wait till you get more into riding, esp., AM riding. You will shell out a bit more money for tougher stuff. It's well worth it, too!
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Any one have a base response where they added disc brakes and a better fork? Am I the only one that prefers the shimano over the sram?
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I wouldn't say that you are the only one. I've used the Shimano SLX groupo in the past, and liked it. But that was on a bike i owned years ago. Once you have the SRAM setup dialed in, I really like the feel of it. Shimano feels more fluid, SRAM feels more mechanical. At that point it's a matter of opinion. Plus, in my experience SRAM has AMAZING customer support.

mtb

Smile

Manitou Drake Air
    Lizard Skin Guard
    Mosh Step pedals
    Next will be some new grips and a new seatpost

mtb

Smile

post deleted
    Last edited by aintnothang; 03-02-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast