Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Yeah.. I will have to see what my lbs has in stock.. Do you think that the 2.3 would clear the fork crown and seat / chain stays?
    TREK X CALIBER 6, MOTOBECANE USA MIRAGE SLX

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Everyone was out of stock on the Nevegals... I went with GEAX Saguaro 2.2s.
    They came highly recommended by the shop rats at my lbs due to their slightly harder compound rubber (durable for some tarmac riding) and an aggressive tread pattern to handle just about any condition.. First ride on these new tires tomorrow morning!

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    deleted..
    Last edited by fattybikejones; 09-25-2010 at 07:57 PM.

WI. Big Boy MTBer

My 2010 DB Response Sport!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNeiles
    The Kenda Klaws, hate to say it, Suck. They are super heavy and just about any tire that is not a cheapy is better
    WOW!! what a difference in weight between the GEAX and those..those..those Kenda Klaws!

I LOVE this bike! It handles really pretty good in the tight stuff.. although I may opt for a slightly longer stem..it's slightly twitchy.. I think this stem is only like 70mm.. 90 would be the ticket!
    I threw the kitchen sink at this bike today! The new Geax Saguaros really lightened up the ride of this bike. They performed flawlessly. In mud, over roots, rock gardens, wood planks, stream crossings...you NAME it! Great tires!! Highly recommend them!

Upgrades to date:

* Scott SPDs
    * SRAM ESP 9.0 rear dérailleur (resurrected)
    * Planet bike computer
    * Bontrager Sport saddle
    * GEAX Saguaro 2.2 tires

Late winter plans:

* Rock Shox Tora 130mm
    * Avid BB7 brakes/levers

WOOT

mtbr member
    Some great info here guys and your bikes look sick. So does the stock fork suck?? Whats a good upgrade?
    Teach me the way..

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by DBnoob
    Some great info here guys and your bikes look sick. So does the stock fork suck?? Whats a good upgrade?
    The fork (Spinner Edge Al) isn't real good, but so far I don't have any major complaints except it is heavier than all get out..and doesn't really have much in the way of rebound damping.. : / I am looking at going with a RS TORA air..

Great bike!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fattybikejones
    The fork (Spinner Edge Al) isn't real good, but so far I don't have any major complaints except it is heavier than all get out..and doesn't really have much in the way of rebound damping.. : / I am looking at going with a RS TORA air..

Great bike!!!
    Hey thanks for the help. This is my first bike in 14 years or so so I really dont know anything..lol for me it's alright so far but nothing to compare to and I'm only 5'4" 150 pounds if that even makes a difference.
    Teach me the way..

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    ^^ hey no problem bro.. we are here to help. If you have any more questions just shoot..or even PM me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The TORA is probably the best bang for the buck. I am currently eyeballing one myself.

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehuel
    The TORA is probably the best bang for the buck. I am currently eyeballing one myself.
    That's my way of thinking... Man with the tire swap to the GEAX! LOVE IT!!

Singletrack Slayer

The Response Custom..

Got a fork upgrade on mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Upgraded DB Response! Post your pics!-responsebuild.jpg  

~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    Got a fork upgrade on mine

Now thats sick. I need those..lol
    Have to love the FOX.
    Teach me the way..

Blue Pig
    Is that dog dead? DID YOU RUN OVER THAT DOG TO BREAK IN THAT FORK?!?!
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice Dave, I decided that I want all of your left over parts. Just send them my way. I figure, I can't go wrong that way. I mean, who needs two Sortie Blacks? Let me know when you are ready for my address.

mtbr member
    I didn't even notice that I have the Marzocchi MZ-Comp 120mm Suspension Fork. Was so excited I guess that I just figured the sport and comp had the same. Been to busy researching programs and getting healthy.
    Teach me the way..

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Nice when you get more than you had bargained for huh?

mtbr member
    Haha for sure. I had no clue what I was doing other then knowing I wanted a bike to get fit. The LBS took me under his wing and showed me tons of bikes. So far I'm happy and for now I dont feel after a week I need to upgrade anything but I'm just starting to get in..lol I will end up pimping it out just like my other hobbies.
    Teach me the way..

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Haha for sure. I had no clue what I was doing other then knowing I wanted a bike to get fit. The LBS took me under his wing and showed me tons of bikes. So far I'm happy and for now I dont feel after a week I need to upgrade anything but I'm just starting to get in..lol I will end up pimping it out just like my other hobbies.
    Yeah.. for sure! The comp is set up pretty decent outta the box!! Ride it til sumthin breaks!

Pedal through the Pain
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fattybikejones
    Yeah.. for sure! The comp is set up pretty decent outta the box!! Ride it til sumthin breaks!

Yeah that was my plan, 2 years later nothing would ever break!!!! I even bought another one for wife and son (same size) and that bike will not break either. Its ridiculous how good these bikes are. Seriously, the Response is an excellent buy and very worthy of upgraded components. Nice lookin bikes in this thread!!!

WI. Big Boy MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by dmars3571
    Yeah that was my plan, 2 years later nothing would ever break!!!! I even bought another one for wife and son (same size) and that bike will not break either. Its ridiculous how good these bikes are. Seriously, the Response is an excellent buy and very worthy of upgraded components. Nice lookin bikes in this thread!!!
    So far, I am having fun with mine!

mtbr member
    I bought mine 5 months ago from ***** . Good bike @ they replaced my handlers for me when mine got bent. Had been jumping ramps with the forks locked.the tons are fine so defiantly a tough bike.

mtbr member
    The rims

Singletrack Slayer
    I didn't even notice that I have the Marzocchi MZ-Comp 120mm Suspension Fork. Was so excited I guess that I just figured the sport and comp had the same. Been to busy researching programs and getting healthy.
    I am assuming that the profile pic is your bike, that is a Response Comp from 08. It is a whole level up from the Sport,
    - Avid BB5 brakes/levers
    -9spd drivetrain, x5/x7
    -Sun rims
    -Marzocchi MZ Comp fork

It is a bit more of an upgrade over the Response Sport. Only thing you might want to upgrade is the fork to something lighter and more tuneable. Better tires. Just ride it and replace parts as you wear them out or break them. Enjoy
    ~~~~~~Singletrack Slayer~~~~~~~

mtbr member
    I am assuming that the profile pic is your bike, that is a Response Comp from 08. It is a whole level up from the Sport,
    - Avid BB5 brakes/levers
    -9spd drivetrain, x5/x7
    -Sun rims
    -Marzocchi MZ Comp fork

It is a bit more of an upgrade over the Response Sport. Only thing you might want to upgrade is the fork to something lighter and more tuneable. Better tires. Just ride it and replace parts as you wear them out or break them. Enjoy
    Yes it is my profile pic taken on my phone the day I got it..lol I really need to get a camera to get some good pics.
    So far I've been riding the piss out of it. Having no issues with anything and don't see the need to upgrade anything till it breaks other then just wanting to since thats how I am.
    All the parts you listed sounds good but to me I really have no clue if it's good or not. For now I think I will focus on gear I need but am loving the bike like its my kid..
    Teach me the way..

Murder for hire
    my 09 sport. only stock parts are bars, grips, N front derailleur.

"Nuke'em!"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast