Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    13 yrs old in my own mind

Good job! Proud new owner of a '11 MISSION 2 frameset!

Well the opportunity presented itself and I dove in head first. I got a brand new 2011 MISSION 2 frame set coming to my door in the near future.

First and foremost I don't want to feel like I am dissing my RECOIL brethren. I still will strongly recommend anyone on a tight budget the RECOIL. High quality frame for a good price and easily upgradable. It is still a DIAMONDBACK!!!

I love my RECOIL, it has been a good machine to me, but I always wanted a MISSION from the beginning. Soon in the next couple weeks I am going to transplant my high end stuff to the new MISSION frame.

Anyone want a in great condition RECOIL frame with an upgraded Marz ROCO LO DC shock let me know back channel.
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 09-26-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Congrats man !!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY FAST SHIPPING BATMAN!!!!

I ordered this thing on last Friday morning and it arrived this late afternoon all the way from the great state of PA to Colorado. That is shipping over the weekend......................WOW, I am impressed, considering it was free shipping.

Beauuuuuuutiful! I am in LOOOOOOVE!!!!

I can't do much yet, (shite) because I have to wait for the FSA tapered crown reducer thingy (on its ways) and the stinger (also on its way) and I just realized I need a low clamp front derailleur. Hopefully by the weekend. (just ordered)

Last edited by Skulltoy; 09-26-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    Too many hobbies and not the proper income to support them all. Where's my karma boat?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    what size is your recoil? and where did you buy the mission frame from? go ahead and PM me the info

Quote Originally Posted by Joey47 View Post
    what size is your recoil? and where did you buy the mission frame from? go ahead and PM me the info
    First off on the RECOIL it is a medium, I will PM with the link.

I randomly searched for good priced MISSION frame sets and came across BCMulti sport. They had literally "one" of each MISSION 2 frame sizes; S, M, L, XL. It was listed as brand new frame set w/shock, headset, and seat-clamp, plus with free shipping for $600 smackers! Couldn't resist..........the rest is history.

I believe they sold out if them.
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 10-06-2011 at 10:00 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks...... Sucks being short..... I need a small frame

Quote Originally Posted by Joey47 View Post
    Thanks...... Sucks being short..... I need a small frame
    Sorry about that man! ..........I have been actively looking for a couple months, once the new 2012's start hitting the older overstock will hit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Congratssss!!! It looks awesome

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Just a frame too 200$ craigslist 2009 mission 2 frame, my recoil is going to be swapped I just need a fork now and research on how to swap my stuff..

cant post pictures since im super noobie

didn't mean to hijack you but yours is nice a shiny, mine's had some abuse but looks solid

Quote Originally Posted by eerieclown View Post
    Just a frame too 200$ craigslist 2009 mission 2 frame, my recoil is going to be swapped I just need a fork now and research on how to swap my stuff..

cant post pictures since im super noobie

didn't mean to hijack you but yours is nice a shiny, mine's had some abuse but looks solid
    No problem on the hijack as long as it is pretty much on subject.

$200 for a frame ain't bad (even used) did it come with a shock?

Upgrading from a recoil as well huh, what a koinky dink.

Everyone is a noob at some point.

What state are you in? I am in the Denver Colorado area. There has got to be someone on this board that lives near you and help you out??

It can be a pain to work on a bike without the special tools. Finding a local bike shop may not charge a lot and can get you going faster. Although I always say might as well learn how to if you have the time to learn and some of the basic tools.

Congrats on your find, and happy building!
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 10-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'm in Murrieta ca and i want to learn how to do it but yea coincidence i have the recoil too.. and it did include the rear shock its an rp2... I was searching to upgrade my recoil shock and came across that mission frame and went

mtbr member
    Congrats Skulltoy!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm in Murrieta ca and i want to learn how to do it but yea coincidence i have the recoil too.. and it did include the rear shock its an rp2... I was searching to upgrade my recoil shock and came across that mission frame and went
    you must picked up the red mission frame in cl.....wish it was a small

I can't wait to build this thing and go jump and ride it.
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 10-05-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Got the Stinger and my crank back on. Ended up having to shim out the crank as my chain-line was off and not aligned with the Stinger. Looks good!!

Also got my new Derailleur on...................

I also like anything with Skulls on it (yeah like my name) and had to pick this up. My new Da Bomb seat

Got my fork in, a ROCKSHOX Lyrik Solo Air 160mm with a 20mm axle......... cool and BEEFY!

Took me less than 15 minutes to attach it to the bike, now waiting for my new wheels and put the bike back together!!

Looks good!

Last edited by Skulltoy; 10-05-2011 at 03:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Nice fork how much did you get it for?.. I'm searching for a fork myself i plan on just buying the fork and throwing everything else from the recoil on the frame except for my bb7 brakes i already bought from there ill just upgrade everything else as i save up money

Nice fork how much did you get it for?..
    I snagged it off of eBay for a little over $250, it was a no miles OE pull off. I caught it at the right time. Lucky I guess........ It got good reviews around the net and allowed me to upgrade to a tapered fork, a stiffer front end with the 20mm axle, and more travel with 160mm instead of 140mm as the fork I was going to use. Might have it upgraded to a u-turn coil but will see how I like it the way it is at the moment.

Just browse around there are deals everywhere that pop up, I believe you have the Mission before they started to use a tapered head, so you would need a 1 1/8 straight.(someone correct me if I am wrong.)

What is your budget to spend? I have bought from these guys before and this is a good price, even on ebay new is like $50 more than they are. Rockshox Sector RL 110-150mm Although you would have to buy some new wheels with a 15mm QR front hub, I see those for like $140 new 15mm QR wheelset (these are a OE pull from a DB Mission )
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 10-06-2011 at 10:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yea the sektor is what I've been looking at very good reviews and affordable... How are those oe wheels? Will they fit that fork?

Yea the sektor is what I've been looking at very good reviews and affordable... How are those oe wheels? Will they fit that fork?
    if you get the 15mm QR version of the Sektor, then yes. They also have a 20mm version and a 9mm QR version but I never see that one any where other than a shorter travel version. You would want to try to keep it at 150mm or U-turn 110mm-150mm.
    Last edited by Skulltoy; 10-06-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Getting closer and closer to done.

Sneak peak;

Still have to run the brake lines, put the chain on, and adjust the derailleurs.

One piece still missing, my new front 203mm rotor. I switched from 185mm front / 160mm rear to 203mm front /185mm rear. Everything in place except the rotor.

Almost there

mtbr member
    Looks great! Also, wish I had your workshop too lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Pakpal73 View Post
    Looks great! Also, wish I had your workshop too lol!
    Thanks! That is actually a small part of the garage. There is another area and workbench for re-loading and that does not include the space where only one of our Jeeps are allowed to park (wife's of course).

Well it is done and ride-able, but not complete.

One; I am itching to buy a dropper seat-post, Second; I am not satisfied with the mechanical brakes. I can get the front dialed in but have to be careful not to launch myself as there is NO in-between, and the rear is worthless at the moment. Just can not find that sweet spot of breaking. Looking at the Hayes Stroker Ace's or Avid Code R's.

Here are some current shots, but I am not calling it complete yet.

Last edited by Skulltoy; 10-11-2011 at 12:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    how's it riding so far?

i just transfered all my recoil parts to my mission frame except a deore lx crank and bb7 brakes

I havent been able to ride it yet but i have a feeling it's going to be awkward with the 100mm fork on it...

got to wait for xmas or some killer deal on black friday to get fork..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast