mtbr member
    May 2013

Response rear derailleur hanger change from 2012 to 2013?

I bent the hanger on my 2013 Response XE. I ordered two different aftermarket replacements. The small screw hole on each of them is about half a mm away from the actual screw hole in the frame. Otherwise they're identical.

The manufacturers of the replacements both say that their spec is for the 2012 model of the bike and may not fit the 2013.

So the question is whether the spec actually changed from 2012 to 2013, or whether both of these aftermarket hangers are defective.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Any luck or info?

I know this was a year ago but I'm having the same problem and wondering if you ever had any luck with this.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinjc86 View Post
    I know this was a year ago but I'm having the same problem and wondering if you ever had any luck with this.

Yes. Contact eBay member 925engineering.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yeah already bought one from them and it didn't work. It was off just like you said.

mtbr member
    Have you guys tried contacting diamondback directly to see if they can help you out? 1-800-222-5527 Or maybe try contacting a local Diamondback dealer for help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Diamondback was of no help since it is a Dick's Sporting Goods bike. They were at least able to give me a part number (which Dick's confirmed was actually wrong #). Dick's ordered me one but it took almost 3 weeks to come in therefore I told them to shove it (see below).

All within a week I returned the aftermarket 925engineering one along with the BRO.KEN original and the guys at 925engineering made me a custom one which fits great

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinjc86 View Post
    Diamondback was of no help since it is a Dick's Sporting Goods bike. They were at least able to give me a part number (which Dick's confirmed was actually wrong #). Dick's ordered me one but it took almost 3 weeks to come in therefore I told them to shove it (see below).

All within a week I returned the aftermarket 925engineering one along with the BRO.KEN original and the guys at 925engineering made me a custom one which fits great
    Wow that sucks that you had to go threw all that even if the bike was a DSG exclusive they should stand behind it regardless. But at least you got it taken care of...