mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Response history

I bought my first of many responses in 07.The Orange peel base response. I also have an 08 comp. and an absolute silver base 08 response.

My question is are the responses being phased out of diamonndback lineup? I been only seeing a response xe that comes with disc brakes and a response 29er..

Is this because they are eliminating the 26 inch from the db lineup for good? Now I also understood the chain of levels was base response, sport than comp..

When did they stop making the comp and sport? What is the xe model? Is that the stripped down sports authority or ***** models? Are topengas really responses but for sports authority?
    Any clarification will be great. Also if anyone has any strong boxes for sale, please let me know. I will pay top dollar.
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I was wondering the same thing. I really have no idea. I can only think that they may have streamlined the line, or one of the big box sporting goods stores made a bid to diamondback for the model to be exclusive to them. Who knows, but the frames for the XE 29er are extremely similar to that of the overdrives, just with different drivetrains, a little cheaper, maybe to keep the price point down. If someone could answer us, I'd love to know as well! I've got an XE 29er and I love it. I paid way less than the overdrive sport I was prepared to purchase. I couldn't really pass it up for my first mtb and 29er, plus, the cheaper starting price is allowing me to have more money for upgrades.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Where are the diamondback gurus? I just bought a mint battleship blue response with 9 miles on it for 125 bucks! I am looking for one more, an 18 inch burnt orange response... someone has to have one!
    I like to ride my bike.

mtbr member
    I work for DSG and from what I heard was that diamondback was cutting back on the models they were producing and then the introduction of the 27.5 frame that everybody is pushing (diamondback axis for example). I guess DSG was able to work a deal for diamondback to make a response model in a 26 inch frame size along with the 29er version. That's why you only see two response models and when you look at the axis line up they have more to chose from.