Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Rear shock psi?

44K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DavidNeiles 
#1 ·
What kinda of psi are you guys running for your rear shocks? I have a '08 M2 with just the float r and I'm running around 190 to 200. When I got the bike it was around 160 psi and was bottoming out everywhere, what a difference more air made.
Mine came "factory tuned" on the medium setting but just wanted to see what other db's are running at and if I'm way off.
I've done the sag thing too but it's easier for me to dial it in with a shock pump...

#4 ·
I have an '08 Sortie 3 with an RP2. I weigh about 190 with my gear. I am currently running about 170 to 180 last I checked. Probably closer to 180. I don't really check that often unless I notice something though.

There is no chart really to give you the proper psi setting. The best way is adjusting using the o-ring method you talked about. most people say 20-30% of the shock travel, I like ~20%. This will ensure you are getting the most out of the shock.

The rebound setting helps too. I like it on the more springy side (faster rebound) so it doesn't pack up at the bottom of a hill. This is just playing with it until you find what setting works for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.