Thread: ram 3500

mtbr member

ram 3500

does anyone have any first-hand experience with the 04 ram 3500? any info or feedback would be helpful, thanks.

banned

i've test ridden one... and there are reviews here too

check the reviews for the '04 Ram 3500... I saw at least two

I test rode one, and was very impressed. just rode it around the lot, hopping and wheelies and manuals... very well balanced.

can't talk about trail or DH manners, didn't ride that stuff.

mtbr member

thanks

i read the reviews, but was looking for more input. i appreciate your honesty, at least you didn't test ride it and try to pass yourself off as an expert on it! i was thinking about "employee purchasing" one because i can get a really good deal on the frame-set, but was hoping for some long term input on it, thanks again.

Doesn't have time to ride
    Mar 2004

my boss had on

:d

just kidding.

ejr
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    are those the new atomlab duelly wheels?

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iattackthedarkness
    i read the reviews, but was looking for more input. i appreciate your honesty, at least you didn't test ride it and try to pass yourself off as an expert on it! i was thinking about "employee purchasing" one because i can get a really good deal on the frame-set, but was hoping for some long term input on it, thanks again.
    my friend that works at the Raleigh dealer just EP'd one. should be here this week. he's a great rider and will let me ride it trail too, so I can post back, but it won't be for a couple of weeks.

my opinion on the bike is that the EP price is so good, even if you break the frame you have a GREAT set of parts to put on some other frame if you decide you don't like the Ram frame... so go for it.

mtbr member

thanks

keep me posted!

mtbr member

pictures of new ram 3500

here are a couple of pictures now that i have it built up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I should have mine finished built up this weekend...... just waiting for the new 550lb spring, the 450lb was way too light for my rotundness LOL
    Pat T.

mtbr member

ditto, i weigh in at 225

i doubt even the 550 will be enough... . manitou cannot deliver the 550's until the end of july . nothing else will fit the manitou shock body correctly, so i will most likely resort to a custom spring. just for info's sake, in the 5" mode with 8mm of preload, 175lbs of air in the can, and the bottom out screwed in full max...my "ample" hindquarters sags it 40% just sitting on it. curb bottoms it out...but on a lighter note, the frame great other than that and it doesn't bob while pedaling

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i doubt even the 550 will be enough... . manitou cannot deliver the 550's until the end of july . nothing else will fit the manitou shock body correctly, so i will most likely resort to a custom spring. just for info's sake, in the 5" mode with 8mm of preload, 175lbs of air in the can, and the bottom out screwed in full max...my "ample" hindquarters sags it 40% just sitting on it. curb bottoms it out...but on a lighter note, the frame great other than that and it doesn't bob while pedaling
    Well my spring is "supposed" to be here by now, they said two weeks. If you are squishing yours that much I may have to go with a custom spring as well, cause I am close to 255lbs.
    Pat T.

mtbr member

who did you order spring from?

and, yeah, you will definately need a heavier spring, by my reasoning, i should be on a 650-700 for my weight.

Keep The Rubber Side Down

No need for 650

and, yeah, you will definately need a heavier spring, by my reasoning, i should be on a 650-700 for my weight.
    I weigh 235 and I'm riding the 2004 Diamondback XTS Moto. The eye to eye and strock lenghts are the same as the Rams. The way that the technology works inside the shock, a 550 pound spring will do the job. Trust me, it works!
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me